what exercise to do while travelling?

isadoc
isadoc Posts: 19
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi!
I'm sent to Ireland for ten daysfor work. I won't have access to a gym. Any suggestion on how to work out? I usually go to the gym for some spinning and weights...
thanks
Isa

Replies

• DVD's are always good. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is a good one. It's only 20 minutes and all you need is a yoga mat and a set of hand weights and it will kick your butt.
  • why not bring like a workout dvd
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Hi!
    I'm sent to Ireland for ten daysfor work. I won't have access to a gym. Any suggestion on how to work out? I usually go to the gym for some spinning and weights...
    thanks
    Isa

The ideas that other members posted are good. If you are going to a hotel find out if you can watch DVDs in their TVs. Other countries don't have the same accomodations as the US in their hotels.
    Take excericse bands with your so you can do arms exercises in your room. Stomach crunches, squats and push up can also be done indoor. I used to travel alot on business, so I know how hard is to keep up your exercise schedule and way of eating when you go out of town. Good luck!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    DVD's are always good. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is a good one. It's only 20 minutes and all you need is a yoga mat and a set of hand weights and it will kick your butt.

Good idea if you are driving, however (and I am talking out of experience) I don't recommend carrying hand weights in the luggage. Not only they increase the weight ($$$), but sometimes the weights look suspicious when the luggage is screened. It happend to me several times, so I prefer to carry exercise bands.
  • great ideas! I have the 30d shred but I can't bring a mat and handweights, I need to travel light... thanks for reminding me that north american DVD don't work in Europe, I'll bring my laptop if I find a good dvd that doesn't need much equipement...
  • Whenever I am away camping or travelling for my sons hockey trips, I make sure I stay in hotels that have gyms, if not then you could check out a local area gym and pay a drop in fee or see what they have for someone like yourself who is only visiting for a bit. If that doesn't work, at least try to run or bike outside, you can rent or borrow a bike, I had bought myself a cheap bike when away in Labrador and rode everyday then sold my bike when I left. Also good old fashioned push ups, sit ups, squats and lunges along with some abdominal workouts are great! You could also buy some 10 or 12 lb weights and look on line for some weight lifting exercises. Good luck and remember, where there is a will there is a way!!
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Shopping counts as leisurely walking. :wink:
  • I like the shopping idea...:tongue: maybe there'll be a place near the hotel to run; I don't get to choose the hotel and I don't think there is a gym... just when I had finally gotten good at exercising!!!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Walking!!!

TONY HORTON 20 MIN WORKOUT DVD's for at home but...

Includes on the go workout total bodywork out that you can do with just resistence bands that come with workouts

:-)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    RUN! free and great exercise!
This discussion has been closed.