Help with meal planning

Options
Hey I have a calorie goal of 1200 daily, I tend to stick to my calories but I snack way too much and I don't think I'm eating enough during the day because at night I'm starved !! Can someone recommend healthy snacks and meal suggestions ? Thanks

Replies

• HelmaTO
    HelmaTO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well, if you're in your calorie range already despite snacking, then maybe changing what you snack on to fit in that same calorie range but adjusting the macro ratios of those items might help. If you have the fat room, nuts are a good snack, but salted nuts can easily lead to more salty nuts that put you over. Maybe a balance between low cal/high fiber snacks and hi cal/hi protein and fat snacks will help keep you at your current caloric intake but offer more satisfaction - the feeling of fullness and the urge the munch.

Perhaps a combination of sliced cucumbers, baby carrots and celery sticks then a few nuts. It helps to buy those little snack Ziploc baggies and pre-portion your snacks so when the bag is empty, you're done. I'm guilty of needing to reach the bottom before I quit, so portioning my snacks helps.

Maybe a plum or a clementine, which are already perfectly portioned. I force myself to eat each orange section individually even though I can gulp the whole thing down in two bites.

Regarding meals, it helps me to stick to proteins. If you eat meat and fish, those have hefty protein ratios that can be satiating for longer. Particularly salmon which is fatty and high in Omega-3. Pile on things like fresh green beans or a side of quinoa for a slow-digesting complex carb.

To prevent myself from eating again late at night when I've already had all I need for the day, I make sure to go to bed early enough to not hit the next meal time come midnight. Hope that helps.

And remember, drink lots of water with each meal and snack! It aids in digestion and when the stomach is stretched it triggers the brain to release a hormone that kills appetite so you feel full.