What's your most recent NSV? What's your next?

Options
_db_
_db_ Posts: 179 Member
I finally made my non-stop mile run. It was stupidly slow, but it was non-stop...and my achilles tendon didn't explode on me.

My next is to run a mile in less than 10 minutes.

Replies

• Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    *Applause for you and your still-in-tact-tendon* :D

My NSV for today was waking up, looking in the mirror, and truly appreciating what I saw - especially since I was in the buff!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! My most recent one was running 9 miles last Saturday even though I really wasn't in the mood for it. Next up? 10 miles...just under a year from now I plan on running my first full marathon. I still remember my first mile without stopping. It just gets better from there!
  • nordeast_yah
    Options
    Latest one is being able to my C25K run over lunch and still make it all the way through judo practice without gassing so badly I had to quit.
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i haven't been able to run a mile since the one time i did it in gym class over a decade ago. i have started and stopped c25k probably 5 times in the last year, but this time i've stuck with it and i'm about to start week 5 and i'm so excited to do the 20 minute run on day 3! never thought i'd be excited to run for 20 minutes straight, but bring it!
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was today. I have ADD and one of my symptoms is the inability to control my hunger, yes I know that sounds lame and people might give me **** for it, but it's the truth. I have an insane amount of self-shame and guilt that stems from this and on days when I fail to take my medication and eat until I feel physical pain, there is a huge amount of negative emotions....anyway, I failed to take my medication because I forgot it at home before I went to campus but I told myself I was going to be successful today and to remain positive. I managed to be successful and I am so proud of myself. I ate healthy and balanced meals on campus and came home and did the same. I avoided mindless snacking, managed to complete all of my tasks I had listed for the day, and had a great workout! My next NSV will hopefully be the 2-3 hour hike I am going on this weekend!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    NSV was today when friend who hasn't seen me in two months told me how good I looked and that he could tell I've lost weight.

Next NSV will be getting back on exercise bike after knee surgery and riding for 60 minutes!

Next NSV will be buying a new swim suit because my current one almost fall of last time I swam. Curious to see what size!!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Does a new profile pic count? Taken today. :smile:

Next NSV will be running 10k non-stop. I think I'm about 75% there.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Lots of running NSV's. :flowerforyou:
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I haven't run since high school, until this month!! I've run a whole quarter mile nonstop & am on week2 of C25K.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was being able to stop 2 medications this week-one for GERD, and one for high blood pressure. My BP and pulse were getting too low, and my energy levels were dropping. I feel better already!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It's cool to see such a positive thread and take time out to celebrate the victories. That's what keeps me going. Way to go everybody!
  • GameChanger82
    GameChanger82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Last night - played badminton better than ever, then got checked out by girls twice on the way home ;-)

Edit: next one - buying something, anything, that's just XL rather than XXL.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1/2 a shoe size (from UK8 to 7.5). Tried on boots in several shops and I was a 7.5 in all of them (I was a 7 in one). Weird, huh?
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    5K in 28 minutes on Tuesday night. Particularly happy as I'd not run for two weeks because of a nasty cold.

Next up is a 15K total distance planned in a couple of weeks time, I'm trying to improve my 10K time so working through a programme for that justnow.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm finally starting to believe that I'm a UK size 8/US 4 (ish) after not only having to buy a size 8 birthday dress but getting into a size 8 Vivienne Westwood dress (even if it wasn't quite what I wanted it to be).

Next NSV: Turning 30 looking younger than I did at 17.

(No powerlifting NSVs at the moment. The next one will be competing on February 8.)
  • quansc
    quansc Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Way to go! My most recent NSV was a couple of days ago. About 10 minutes into my workout, my son called to say he was ready to be picked up from a basketball game at school. I went to get him. In the past, I would have used this as an excuse not to finish the workout. Instead, I went back to the Y, finished my 45 minutes and threw in some strength training. NO EXCUSES!!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was deadlifting 105kgs. I am 57 kgs and have only been lifting for a few months.
    My next goal is to deadlift 115 kgs, ideally I would like to achieve that this week :) realistically I probably wont achieve it for maybe 6 weeks.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm a long-term maintainer, so my NSV's aren't about weight, but rather fitness.

Recent - Just finished a marathon relay with my sister and we got our best time ever! :drinker:

Next - After taking a break from lifting for a few weeks, I discovered that my performance had diminished. So my next victory will be getting my numbers back up where they should be.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    wow...so many fit people on here - it's great!!

I had quite a few today. My flatmate thinking I'm a healthy size for my height (2kg to go though!), fitting into size 8 australian shorts (size 4 US, size 6 UK) in the shops (top half is still larger); able to just squeeze into a dress I want to wear to a party in a month. consistently exercising now - mainly swimming for 30 mins- 1 hour each day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!