Beginner. ..Need some help/tips

Options
2»

Replies

• XxZachAttackxX
    Options
    Out of all the exercises you listed the only ones you should do are dumbbell rows (one in each hand) you could do a dumbbell press whether it be incline or flat thats your choice i would stick with one or the other and go through my sets like that as for flies id just do them flat throw in a shoulder press keep the rear delt flies and larerial raises and a dumbbell squat i would do bicep curls and some skull crushers at the end of the work out i like to train arms last because if you train them first you get fatigued and then you cant do the other exercises as good if you wanted to you could throw in wrist curls at the end of the work out my fore arms have gotten massive from doing them but all the exercises are above would be great for a beginner you could do all those exercises for your first 2 years of training .. its good to stick to the basics and not venture out and do exercises for advanced lifters people think oh i need to do this exercise and get this head of my tricep bigger when there arms are small if you stick to the basics you can get huge if you feel like you wanna work on a certain head of your arm or some thing and youve worked out for years then go ahead i think you should do what i recommended if you wanna do some other program thats your choice but i told you every thing you need to know
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Would doing all these exercises at one time be too much overkill?

One-Arm Dumbbell Rows
    Dual Dumbbell Rows
    Braced Dumbbell Rows
    Incline Dumbbell Press
    Flat Dumbbell Press
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes
    Flat Dumbbell Flyes
    Decline Dumbbell Press
    Decline Dumbbell Flyes
    Seated Dumbbell Press
    Standing Dumbbell Press
    Dumbbell Side Laterals
    Dumbbell Rear Delt Flyes
    One-Arm Dumbbell Clean and Press
    Dumbbell Squats
    Dumbbell Lunges
    Dumbbell Step-Ups
    Dumbbell Split Squats

waaaayyyy tooo much ...

if you are a beginner a more sensible approach would be an upper/lower split...

Monday - upper - barbell benh press, dumbbell overehead press, low row, lat pulldown,
    Tuesday lower - barbell squat, dumbbell lunge, split squat, calfs
    wens - off/cardio/abs
    thurs - upper - dumbbell incline press, barbell overhead press, pullup/chin up (if you can do them if not, maybe assisted), dumbbell bent over row, barbell arm curl tricpe pushdown..
    Friday - lower - deadlift, front squat, leg curl, calfs....

this is just a sample..feel free to mix and match but make sure to focus on the compound movements and work in about four sets with 6-10 reps each ...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Would doing all these exercises at one time be too much overkill?

One-Arm Dumbbell Rows
    Dual Dumbbell Rows
    Braced Dumbbell Rows
    Incline Dumbbell Press
    Flat Dumbbell Press
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes
    Flat Dumbbell Flyes
    Decline Dumbbell Press
    Decline Dumbbell Flyes
    Seated Dumbbell Press
    Standing Dumbbell Press
    Dumbbell Side Laterals