WTF!!! Canada's only gone and banned Marmite!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Never had it, but would try it to find out if I like it or not.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Somebody in a position of power in Canada really really hates marmite. It can do that to a person. Me, I love it to bits! Adore it! It's gotta be toasty buttery hot lovely marmiteness.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Vegemite is much better anyway.

No.
  • willdb76
    Options
    A thin layer of marmite makes a cheese sandwich explode with flavour intensity.

It's not possible to eat much marmite owing to the strong saltiness, so I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Canada's food police has got a really weird way of doing things - Pro Nutro (imported from South Africa and one of the best "cereals" there is (10g protein, 13 fibre, 20 carbs and little sugar with LOTS of vitamins and minerals) was banned as well, for "containing too many vitamins to classify it as a cereal"...
    Duhhh - but Coco pops and fruit loops are fine, just please protect us from something healthy!! now Marmite???
    Rushes off to stock up on a couple of years supply of Marmite....
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I shall never now move to Canada. *kitten*.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Canada's food police has got a really weird way of doing things - Pro Nutro (imported from South Africa and one of the best "cereals" there is (10g protein, 13 fibre, 20 carbs and little sugar with LOTS of vitamins and minerals) was banned as well, for "containing to many vitamins to classify it as a cereal"...
    Duhhh - but coco pops and fruit loops are fine, just please protect us from something healthy!! now Marmite???
    Rushes off to stock up on a couple of years supply of Marmite....

Hmm, Pro Nutro, eh? Off to see if available in UK (Oh, the irony if it's not allowed)
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I wish you guys would stop pretending there is a place called Canada.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yes, US CANUCKS ARE MAD!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Bovril and Marmite.....What's next? Taking Nutella off the market....:grumble:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I wish you guys would stop pretending there is a place called Canada.

Adjacent to Narnia, isn't it?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Well, if the rest of the world would stop using bad vitamins we would allow it, but lets face it vitamins are bad. Your all smug scientific *kitten*.:bigsmile:
  • neanderthin
    Options
    A thin layer of marmite makes a cheese sandwich explode with flavour intensity.

It's not possible to eat much marmite owing to the strong saltiness, so I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be.
    Yeah, right down the toilet.:noway:
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Bovril and Marmite.....What's next? Taking Nutella off the market....:grumble:

That would make me cry.
  • graemeb1968
    graemeb1968 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Reminds me when we visited relatives in Vancouver we took supplies of marmite for them because it was a bit pricey over there. Worse thing was my wife was pregnant and craving lucozade original and Mcvities rich teas, eventually found them on the island and stocked up for the rest of the trip!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yes, US CANUCKS ARE MAD!

U.S. Canucks? Are you all Americans now then?

*ducks and covers*
  • neanderthin
    Options
    yes, US CANUCKS ARE MAD!

*ducks and covers*
    You better duck, them thar are fight'n words.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yes, US CANUCKS ARE MAD!

*ducks and covers*

I know. I once had a pint of beer poured over my head because I said "Canada's in America" - I was talking about the name of the entire continent. Apparently I should have said "Canada's in the North American Continent"

(It was all in fun though, and the Canadian in question was familiar with the British sense of humour) :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • neanderthin
    Options
    yes, US CANUCKS ARE MAD!

*ducks and covers*

I know. I once had a pint of beer poured over my head because I said "Canada's in America" - I was talking about the name of the entire continent. Apparently I should have said "Canada's in the North American Continent"

(It was all in fun though, and the Canadian in question was familiar with the British sense of humour) :bigsmile: :drinker:
    I get it, my wifes a brit, from London. First time there had a beer fetch for me from the cupboard.........I said, what are you people totally uncivilized.:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Almost every house in Britain has half a jar of Marmite tucked away in the back of the fridge or cupboard (incidentally, if you keep it in the fridge you're a weirdo).

I think if we pool together and decant all of these half-jars into a vat and send it over to Canada, we can help with the Marmite struggle.

This is today's prohibition, and shall not be tolerated.