My Success Story with pictures!!!!!!!!

Options
Here is my story:

I have been obese for a good portion of my life, especially my adult life. I have been struggling with my weight since I was around 8 or 9 years old

which is when I went from being short and super skinny to short and chubby and eventually tall and chubby. As an adult poor eating habits and a fear of

really getting into physical activities due to my chronic asthma started to catch up with me. I would join gyms and go for walks but would always within a

couple months stop and start eating worse and gain any weight I lost back. last year we had a weight loss contest at my job and I was determined to win and

actually did losing 33lbs. But as in the past I gained it back plus some until I reached my all time high of 270lbs!!!
I got married back in january 2010 and my wife and I continued eating poorly including eating buffets back to back days sometimes. Around March or

April my wife downloads an app for her iphone which just happened to be the myfitnesspal app. She began using it and eventually I joined the website version

and began my journey with the new attitude of no excuses!!
What I liked about MFP was the fact that it was so easy to use and had all the tools I needed to be successful. I had tried to count calories before

but gave up quick. One thing I did in the beginning was to plug in a typical day of eating for my old self and realized I was consuming as much as 4000+

calories and untold amounts of fat, sugar, and sodium. It was a shock to actually see it right there before my eyes. So I began tracking and adding walking

around my neighborhood and also walking on my lunch breaks at work and lost 11lbs the first week!!

Sorry the story was so long but here is the rest of the story in pictures:

1st some before pics the first is the day I got married then the other is a day in the park both are at or around 270 pounds.
fatboi1.jpg
2qdpqqe.jpg
2dwaqmt.jpg

I lost 31 pounds just walking then my wife and I started p90x together here are my comparison pics DAY 1's first then day 60 something

day1 239lbs

fatboi3.jpg
fatboi4.jpg
2nlh55i.jpg

day 60 something 213.8 lbs

DSCN1863.jpg
DSCN1867.jpg
DSCN1865.jpg

I am currently 3.8 pounds away from my goal and finally not obese just overweight which I am happy with!! Thanks MFP and thanks to my beautiful wife for being my inspiration I love you babe!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Great success! You look fantastic. Don't you just love P90x. Your an inspiration. Congrats to both you and your sweetie. How fun and motivating to be able to get healthy together!
  • crasula
    crasula Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job an great motivator to everyone out there who doesn't believe it can happen!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!! It's so great hearing from and seeing "real" people who have struggled with their weight all their lives turn the tables and get fit. That's so inspirational!
  • nosipho
    Options
    Well done! You look great!
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congrats Thats awesome
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! So awesome you did this together. :happy: Keep up the great work!
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    Love you too, babe!! *MUAH!* You are MY wonderful motivation! I'm so thankful we are on this journey together, babe!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Awww! This is great! Congrats!
  • ddpmkrupa
    ddpmkrupa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration Frank! You're looking awesome!!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I dont know why it cut off some of those pics, but thanks everyone. Everyone here is an inspiration to me to keep at it no matter what
  • parkersmommie
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! Kepp it going, you are a motivation to everyone.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your wife! way to lose it and great dedication too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!