Why did I do it?

Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Morning all, I did a stupid thing last nigh. I went on a massive bing, for no other reason than I could. I ate DOUBLE my calories for the day, well over my maintenence amount even. I didn't have a very good day food wise Sunday either, but at least I exercised most of the extra cals back then. This morning I look and feel like crap. I'm pale, have no energy and whats worst of all I know that I DID THIS TOO MYSELF by eating all that rubish last night.

I'm sorry for the pitty post, but I really needed to make myself feel accountable to myself, in the hope that this will force me to take a good look at how stupid I've been and give me the determination to start again today.

Replies

• zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    You know something? Huge congratulations!!! You had to of logged your slip since you know how over board you went AND your here. You my dear are motivating. Keep it going, you rock.
  • Helent26
    Helent26 Posts: 35 Member
    Aw try not to be so hard on yourself, you're doing really well. I do know how you feel because i have done it a few times, especially this weekend just gone (just check my diary out!). I've carried on tracking my calories and working out when i can. You're probably feel so pale and down because you're being so hard on yourself. Just accept that you're human we all have downfalls from time to time, and you just get back to it. :smile: The fact that you've logged back on and posted this is great, because it shows you want to continue. Please don't feel so bad, because this might make you fall back into eating 'comfort food' - i know i've done it myself. Hope this helps, just be strong and carry on with the good work :flowerforyou: x
  • You have lost 22 lbs so far, that is amazing! Don't ever give up just try to not make this mistake again if possible. :smile: I find that the harder, longer, and more frequent I work out, the less I want to eat bad food. I just think back to how hard I worked and don't want all that pain to be for nothing.

927518.png[/url]
    -
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Next time you want to go on a binge think of this post. Think of your feelings this morning and think is it really worth it? I have been beating my self up the last two days because I went on holiday last week and didn't stick to the plan I got on the scales last night and all I saw was a 2lb gain now I know I can shift that in no time. So try looking at it this way it isn't alright to binge or go DOUBLE over cals but you have done it and now you need to get off you butt and work it off. Theres no point being down about what you have done you just need to do what you can do at the other side! Get out there and make a difference!
  • when you feel a binge coming on, tell yourself what i tell myself, with me the binging is for comfort (i have depression) and if i feel one coming on i tell myself that the short term annoyance of sticking to a meal plan beats the long term sadness of putting on weight thru a binge
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    You had to of logged your slip since you know how over board you went AND your here.

Yes I logged every single cal, although I'm too embarassed to say exactly how many there were in public!
    Thank you all for you wonderful support, I really need that this morning. I feel so much more positive now. Must keep at it.

Kx
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Today is another new day get back on the wagon. The guilt we have when we over eat is a good thing.
  • rockinmomto3
    rockinmomto3 Posts: 97 Member
    Don't worry about it. There's no point! The guilt isn't going to help you in any way. No one is perfect. Just keep eating healthy, and get yourself back on track! *hugs*
  • Hoping you are having a better day. Glad you are getting back at it - take a moment to look back and see if you can figure out why. It could be helpful to prevent future binges.
This discussion has been closed.