Creamy Chicken and Rice Recipe please!!!

Options
bri3533
bri3533 Posts: 4 Member
I want to make a creamy chicken and brown rice soup for tonight but i have no idea what healthy recipes that I can use. These are ingredients that i have

Ingredients
2 lbs chicken
2 cans of reduced fat cream of chicken soup
reduced sodium chicken broth

and i also have spices too i just don't know how much chicken broth i should use or the cream of chicken soup or just other ingredients that i may need!!! help please :) Thanks soooo much!!!!

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Pretty simple!

Cube and simmer your chicken in stock or water until done, but not tender. While it's simmering, cook your brown rice until it's almost -- but not quite -- done. Combine your cream of chicken soup with an equal measure of chicken stock + one extra cup; dice in some carrots, onions, and celery if you have them. Season that with pepper, sage, and thyme to taste; throw in the chicken and rice and simmer all together until the rice is done and chicken is tender. You can fancy it up with some parsley or chive garnish, replace the brown rice with halved fingerling potatoes, omit the carbs entirely and add more veggies, etc.

If you're looking for more of a casserole feel, skip the cream-of soups altogether. Layer 1-2 cups (depending on how many people you're feeding) of brown rice in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan, simmer 3 cups of stock with 2Tbsp butter (can skip if you want to reduce calories) and some sage/thyme/cayenne, pour 2 cups of the stock mixture over the rice, lay your chicken over all that, and pour the last cup of stock over all. Cover tightly and bake at 375F for ~1 hour (check at about the 40-minute mark; add water or stock if needed).