• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Freaking awesome.

Adam%2BLavin%2Bsaying%2B-I%2Bhugged%2Byou%2Bin%2Bmy%2Bmind!.gif
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I applaud her. But that belly has got to be more than just flexed and tanned... she must be dehydrated at the very least, don't you think? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Yes, she most certainly cut water weight for a day or so. But that only helps prove/promote what she's saying - that what you see on the runway/cover isn't "normal" for the models.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I applaud her. But that belly has got to be more than just flexed and tanned... she must be dehydrated at the very least, don't you think? (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Yes, she most certainly cut water weight for a day or so. But that only helps prove/promote what she's saying - that what you see on the runway/cover isn't "normal" for the models.

My stomach can undergo that kind of transformation just from morning to after dinner...
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'd still kill for a tummy that small! And I love that she posted this!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I remember reading an interview with a VIctoria's Secret model not that long ago, where she revealed that in order to be "show ready" for their big runway shows, she has to stop eating solid food one week before the show, and stops drinking any water 48 hours prior to the show. It's crazy to me that in order to show "perfection" women have to starve and dehydrate themselves, and the masses who don't know that continue to try to attain the unattainable. As someone who has struggled with body image, Iwill say it took me a long time to post the pic I have up now as my main profile picture because I saw so much wrong with it. It's not on par with those glossy perfect magazine pictures..... I'm glad so many women are willing to expose their true selves and let the rest of us know that we are probably more like them than we thought we were.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I remember reading an interview with a VIctoria's Secret model not that long ago, where she revealed that in order to be "show ready" for their big runway shows, she has to stop eating solid food one week before the show, and stops drinking any water 48 hours prior to the show. It's crazy to me that in order to show "perfection" women have to starve and dehydrate themselves, and the masses who don't know that continue to try to attain the unattainable. As someone who has struggled with body image, Iwill say it took me a long time to post the pic I have up now as my main profile picture because I saw so much wrong with it. It's not on par with those glossy perfect magazine pictures..... I'm glad so many women are willing to expose their true selves and let the rest of us know that we are probably more like them than we thought we were.

WOW!!! i had no idea they went through all that.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Marcia Cross (who played Bree on Desperate Housewives) has said the hardest part is staying that thin, that she sees her job as being paid to not eat and it's a living hell.

I think that's sad. She was so thin you could usually see her ribs on her chest if her shirt was low cut. I'm glad I have no aspirations to act. It's good to see actresses like Gabourey Sidibe getting serious work.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Love that!! Thanks! Even she has thigh cheese!
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for sharing.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Love this, thank you for sharing it!

I was shocked at first when I saw her runway pic, and then the next shot of her stomach that they're in the same week! It's hard to believe but when you think about it, if you do prepare yourself for that kind of event and all that in entails, and then go back to normal it can make a huge difference. My stomach sometimes looks a hell of a lot different first thing in the morning to after dinner and I'm not even trying to look runway ready!
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks for posting!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Good article! Thanks for posting it here.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Great article. I like how she said everyone has thigh cheese and that it's normal.

There needs to be more exposure for this type of stuff.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Photoshop. Clearly.

Because my belly looks like the "later that same week" photo, and I don't care how much I flex, or how tan it is, it aint going to look like the runway shot in the same week, unless it is faked.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Tx for posting!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Love it...and now am not to concerned with that itty bitty part on my thighs.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Marcia Cross (who played Bree on Desperate Housewives) has said the hardest part is staying that thin, that she sees her job as being paid to not eat and it's a living hell.

I think that's sad. She was so thin you could usually see her ribs on her chest if her shirt was low cut. I'm glad I have no aspirations to act. It's good to see actresses like Gabourey Sidibe getting serious work.

Doesn't it make you glad not to have to be an actress or a model? I'm sure as hell glad that my career doesn't depend on perfecting my appearance. :) Thank god, haha.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    love it!!!