SlimQuick, Hydroxycut, Lipozine, Etc. on Diet Pills

Options
Do any of these actually work for anyone on here?

I'm hesitant to try diet pills because of multiple reasons, usually side effects, effectiveness, and overall popularity.

I've done Garcinia Cambogia (I sold the diet pills, so I had to try it to see for myself), and it didn't have much of an effect on me. But then I watch the commercials of Lipozine that a woman says she lost 35 lbs. in 2 weeks (is that possible?) and the spokesperson stating no one has to change their diet or exercise routine, which also makes me question the authenticity of the product. SlimQuick is said to be more specified towards women, but I'm concerned if it actually works and if I should try it. Hydroxycut I've heard about for years, but the advertisement I can't relate to because they only use slim and petite models for it.

That's why I ask if any of these work for any of you, and if they're worth trying. Diet pills are not cheap, so if I consider spending money on any of these, I want to make sure it will most likely work.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    no they don't...if you do lose weight it's water...

and when you stop taking them it all comes back.

Instead of spending money on those buy food scale and measure your portions for accuracy in logging, eat at a reasonable deficet and bam...you lose weight.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much. Eat less. Lose weight. No pills needed.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If all those things worked so well, there would be no need for sites like MFP, and obesity wouldn't be a problem. :tongue:

Temporary solutions gives temporary results (if they give results at all).

Save your money - MFP is free, and money is better spent on healthy foods and maybe some workout gear. Enter your info accurately and with reasonable goals here at MFP. Eat your calories, drink water, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep. And repeat. It works, it's sustainable, and you can do it for life - lose the fat and keep it off - that's the goal, right? :smile:
  • 130leeward
    Options
    Lizlucas1,

None of these ever worked on me ;-/ I started to take Glucomann and this has really worked. This is also known as the "skinny fiber" and really helps curve your appeetite. Saves you tons of money as well. I did the Lipozine and didnt lose a pound and I work out EVERY day for at least an hour. I eat right as well so not quite sure what I am doing wrong. Hope this helps!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    If all those things worked so well, there would be no need for sites like MFP, and obesity wouldn't be a problem. :tongue:

Save your money - MFP is free, and money is better spent on healthy foods and maybe some workout gear. Enter your info accurately and with reasonable goals here at MFP. Eat your calories, drink water, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep. And repeat. It works, it's sustainable, and you can do it for life - lose the fat and keep it off - that's the goal, right? :smile:

^This.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

^This.
    x2
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    None of them work. And if someone PM's you and says they do, it's because they're selling them. If Lipozine worked like the commercial says, no one would be fat. There are no short cuts. Period. You want to lose weight, suck it up, eat less & move more.
  • Gemmz2014
    Gemmz2014 Posts: 220
    Options
    None of them work!! Save your money.
  • ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    dont do it. waste of money and bad bad bad for you.
  • loneaffliction
    loneaffliction Posts: 81 Member
    Options

^This.
    x2

x3

Stop thinking of it as a DIET. When you stop dieting and return to eating the way you were before, you inevitably gain it right back. You don't need a DIET. You need to change your lifestyle.
    no they don't...if you do lose weight it's water...

and when you stop taking them it all comes back.

Instead of spending money on those buy food scale and measure your portions for accuracy in logging, eat at a reasonable deficet and bam...you lose weight.

Log accurately, eat at a reasonable deficit. Eat less, move more. You WILL lose the weight, in a healthy and sustainable manner without wasting a lot of money on quick fixes that never seem to work. And it will STAY off.

You don't want to be "dieting" for the rest of your life, right? Focus instead on developing healthy habits that incorporate the foods you love. It's not nearly as daunting as it seems. You don't have to give up any foods. You don't have to work out excessively. You just have to make small changes. All you need is commitment and consistency, and a little faith and patience.

Set realistic goals for yourself and stop trying to lose the weight in two weeks. You have 117 pounds to lose. It's not going to happen overnight. It's not going to happen in a couple of months. It's going to take time. I'm 5 months in, with a little over 100 pounds to lose and already down almost 50. I've barely changed a thing to make it work. If you try to lose weight too quickly, you're not going to be happy with your resulting body. When you stand to lose a great deal of weight, you have to worry about things like loose skin that can be somewhat remedied by exercise and losing at a reasonable rate.

Ignore the marketing that is tailored to make you waste your money with false promises and wishful thinking. Forget about trying to magically drop the weight. Two pounds a week is a realistic loss with your goal. You don't have to starve yourself. You just have to eat less than you are now. It sounds like it will take forever at that rate, but if you start now, you could be at your goal within a year if you really work at it. One year of your life. That's it. And it passes more quickly than you think. How many years have you been unhappy with your body? Imagine if just one year could change that.

Where to start:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it?hl=the+basics+keep+it+simple

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/841305-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/

http://evidencemag.com/realistic-fat-loss/

If you need help with any of that, feel free to PM me. More links in my profile that might help.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    they might help if you diet and exercise anyway..
    i used to take sida cordifolia (form of epehdrine) and that helped with appetite, I don't know if it made me lose weight any faster though
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    well, Hydroxycut landed my boss in the ER, but do what you like
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Lizlucas1,

None of these ever worked on me ;-/ I started to take Glucomann and this has really worked. This is also known as the "skinny fiber" and really helps curve your appeetite. Saves you tons of money as well. I did the Lipozine and didnt lose a pound and I work out EVERY day for at least an hour. I eat right as well so not quite sure what I am doing wrong. Hope this helps!

"this has really worked"

Your ticker on your profile says 0 pounds lost.

Just want to provide a little context to the endorsement.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Lizlucas1,

"this has really worked"

but it curved her appetite.
  • MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    I have a coworker who swears by hydroxycut when he wants to cut weight, as a preworkout stimulant and to keep him from crashing on his very restrictive diet.

I've also seen him only eat sugar free jello for a week trying to trim down for a big party.

The moral of this story is, I would not use any of that junk, the hard way may be hard, but it's healthier and breeds a healthier emotional state for weight loss.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Lizlucas1,

"this has really worked"

Look Cranguistadon, I am not saying her appetite is not bent or whatever. I'm just saying that the proof is in the putting, and her weight loss ticker tells the hole story.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Lizlucas1,

"this has really worked"

Look Cranguistadon, I am not saying her appetite is not bent or whatever. I'm just saying that the proof is in the putting, and her weight loss ticker tells the hole story.
    or a holey story.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My brother has lost almost 170 pounds. Products like this have actually stolen his pictures to use on their sites. WHY steal...because these products do not work and they have to steal images of people who lost it with healthy eating and exercise. Do not trust pictures or testimonials you see on any product sites..
  • lizlucas1
    lizlucas1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have decided to make the choice not to try these diet pills. I'll stick to the natural and healthier way, but I will try supplements (like fiber or calcium supplements) or stay close to protein shakes, protein bars, and foods that will fill me up and keep my metabolism going strong. My overall goal is to be, look, and feel healthy and sexy in my own body. That means I'll have to lose weight gradually and steadily. It took a long time to gain the weight, it will take a long time to lose it. Diet pills just don't seem to be my thing. I think this is the ultimately best choice for me.