Already seeing positive signs

Options
12 days ago I was going to help a friend with a photo shoot at a show jumping day. In the morning I tried to get into my one and only pair of jeans. I knew as soon as I pulled them up there was not way they were going on. It didn't stop me struggling for a full 5 minutes. I got in the car in a pair of tracksuit bottoms feeling really fed up. By the time I arrived at my friends I had decided it was time for a change.

Last Friday I made a doctors appointment to be weighed and then joined my fitness pal. I am not due to be weighed again for 4 weeks so it killing me to get an idea of how I am doing. Well getting ready for work today i thought my trousers were roomier so decided to try the jeans. I can get them on an do them up. I know I have over 100lbs to loose but I have started and am feeling great.

I told my 9 year old about my jeans this morning and he danced round the kitchen - with encouragement like that I know I will get there.

Replies

• Equilibrium
    Equilibrium Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's so encouraging when the clothes fit again. :-)
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    That is wonderful! Totally deserve to feel good after making this big change. way to go!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Truly awesome - so proud of you for sticking with it. You can do it - wow 4 weeks to weigh in. I would be dying too. UGHH!!! But you CAN do this.

Vickie
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    I think the wait to weight my be a good thing - at least then there should be a real change. Cant wait to start a weight loss ticker LOL
  • jvjlpenn
    Options
    I agree that a month will be a good time between weigh ins. That way you will have a significant weight loss by then. Rather than just 2 or 3lbs. So hang in there. I am a scale addict and I wish I wasn't. I would love to throw out my scale and just weigh at the dr. But I can't afford to go to the dr just to weigh.
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    In the uk we dont have to pay for the doctor as we pay through out national insurance. Its one of the perks of our national health service . I made the doctors appointment in the first place cos with such a lot to loose I thought I should take advice before going to mad lol
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha LOVE your son's reaction! So cute. :happy: And congratulations and good for you for wanting to be healthy & make a change! You can totally do this. MFP is so easy and everyone here is so helpful and encouraging. Add me if you don't believe me. :wink:
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    wow - way to go! It's awesome when you can fit into clothes again. I'm relatively new and it was great when I can sit at my desk and my pants are not stuck into my gut - It's great when you can appreciate the small stuff.

Keep it going - you're doing GREAT!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • shannie_134
    Options
    Well done Lesley,will have to book a shopping trip in a few weeks:happy:
  • loriwt
    Options
    Well done Lesley , thats great. i love it when you get that satisfied feeling from getting back into a favorite item of clothing.
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    Thanks everyone - it is these little milestones that will all add up in the end
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!
    I recently started too. (about 20 days ago) and have already found some changes too. Doesn't it feel so good??
    One thing you may want to consider, is taking your measurements now, and again when you weigh in next. (or sooner if you like)
    I've found it really encouraging and motivating to see some inches coming off.

You go girl!!!!!
    :happy: :smile: :happy: :smile:
  • lesleyuk
    Options
    Yes thought about that too - always avoided tape measures and scales in the past. So we have none in the house. Will need to get some now though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!