Need very basic How To

Options
Is there a manual or a help link? Example, I just want to enter a food (blueberries) without a brand name and I can't figure out how to do it.

Is there a 'getting started' booklet or something?

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Click on FOOD. You can add to your meals, or just search the database.

A good tip is to search for "bluebrries, raw" if you just want the unprocessed food.
  • fvfitday
    fvfitday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just type in "Generic Blueberries" and something should come up. I highly recommend getting a digital food scale that will weigh your food and calculate calories for you. It will make a huge difference and educate you on portions.
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just looked and to log blueberries you have to put fruit with it. I have just been learning as I go.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    ^^ yep.

When you enter the food in database you can type "raw" if its fruits and veggies. If you are using the App you can scan the barcode to get the exact data (well, sometimes it comes up somethign odd, but usually works).
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've never found one - learned by trial and error. Eventually you build up a base of foods you've used in the past (recent and frequent) and it becomes easier. I also like the copy and past function on quick tools - good luck
  • jennvergeer
    Options
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65dXyXtJbA
    There is three parts to this.

I would normally, in the search space, type in "blueberries" and it comes up with "blueberries raw" no name brand.

Hope this helps :)
  • PathFinderGA
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • PathFinderGA
    Options
    I just found this tutorial by MyFitnessPal on youtube!?! This should be on this website too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu9RKqlmD1Q