very cranky

Options
im 5'5 and 160 lb... i want to lose around 15 to 20 lb...i eat 1300 calories and burn around 400... but these past 2 days im dizzy and shaky.. so i ate around 1500 - 1600... how much should i eat? i also not losing much on 1300 should i decrease my calories?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
  • mgracev4
    mgracev4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    same thing here. I can't possibly lower my calories further, as I already feel extremely deprived with the 1200 calorie limit that I have.

i tried an all fruit diet, eating two oranges, a banana, practically half a watermelon [the weight on the package is more than 1kg... seriously.] and another half of large papaya [another 1kg.]. Yet I still feel hungry. Like i haven't eaten anything!

Is there some set of food items you can recommend for breakfast, lunch and dinner that's not going to make me cranky as hell?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    im 5'5 and 160 lb... i want to lose around 15 to 20 lb...i eat 1300 calories and burn around 400... but these past 2 days im dizzy and shaky.. so i ate around 1500 - 1600... how much should i eat? i also not losing much on 1300 should i decrease my calories?
    Are you eating back your exercise cals? If not, start.
    same thing here. I can't possibly lower my calories further, as I already feel extremely deprived with the 1200 calorie limit that I have.

i tried an all fruit diet, eating two oranges, a banana, practically half a watermelon [the weight on the package is more than 1kg... seriously.] and another half of large papaya [another 1kg.]. Yet I still feel hungry. Like i haven't eaten anything!

Is there some set of food items you can recommend for breakfast, lunch and dinner that's not going to make me cranky as hell?
    All fruit leaves you with no protein or fats, which are very satiating and keep you feeling full longer. Not to mention you need a balanced diet, not all of one food group.

Eat normal foods within your calorie goals. 1200 is probably too low - it is for most of us. As I said before, if you're not eating back exercise cals, especially at 1200 cals, start. Food is fuel!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I would be starving on an all fruit diet, too! Protein, fats, and fiber all help the body feel fuller and more satisfied. You're missing a lot of those in an all fruit diet.
  • marilandica
    marilandica Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. MFP is set up for 1200 calories NET as a minimum. Eat back your exercise calories. You'll feel better. You might also want to work yourself up to the 2 lb/wk loss rate. Start at 1/2 lb/wk and gradually increase your loss rate to get used to the calorie change. I also found that some foods made me more full than others -- specifically, if I didn't get enough protein, I was ravenous. Make sure you're getting protein. Sure, a peanut butter sandwich (on those awful 100 calorie rolls) is fairly high calorie, but it's very hunger satisfying.
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    Scoobys workshop is awesome. Honestly, if you use MFP correctly, setting reasonable goals (a half or 1 lb a week loss unless you've got more than 75 lbs to lose), and eat back your exercise cals, it comes out about the same as using the TDEE method, where you eat to goal without eating back the exercise cals.

I've had my best success eating a 10-20% cut from my TDEE, which comes out to eating 1800-2000 calories (or more!) a day for the last two years. I exercise for 60 minutes or less 5-6 days a week, always take at least one rest day, and every couple of months take off a full week.

Food is fuel! Don't be afraid to eat the proper amount of calories for your body!
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    I am really terrified of eating. if I eat something extra i gain due to chronic dieting..... then i let go and gained 10 kg in a matter of months. now it wont bulge off again
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I am really terrified of eating. if I eat something extra i gain due to chronic dieting..... then i let go and gained 10 kg in a matter of months. now it wont bulge off again

Do you gain fat or water weight when you eat something extra? The difference is important.
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    both of them... but water weight will leave in a matter of days,.. fat will stay... i was eating under 1000 calories for 2 years... i binged very bad last summer gained 10 kg..;. now it will not go back down
  • AmyRhubarb
    Options
    Sounds like you may have screwed up your metabolism with yo-yo dieting. And if you're terrified of eating, then maybe there's a deeper problem there.

You can overcome this, but it will take some time and discipline, but it's totally doable and worth it. Many here at MFP have done so. Check out the Eat More Toe Weigh Less group - great info and support there, info on how to do a "metabolism reset", and many many encouraging success stories.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less <
    This is the MFP group page.
    https://www.facebook.com/EM2WL?ref=br_tf <
    Facebook page.
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/ <
    Website.

They are also on Pinterest and Twitter - so lots of good ways to get support and inspiration from them. :smile:
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    thanks, i need a fresh mindset for this... i hate gaining more weight... every where i go i feel all eyes are on me
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    both of them... but water weight will leave in a matter of days,.. fat will stay... i was eating under 1000 calories for 2 years... i binged very bad last summer gained 10 kg..;. now it will not go back down

Sounds like it's time for a reverse diet.
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    will check about it