HRM watches

Options
I basically want to know if a watch version is as good as a chest strap one, or at least ok?

I really can't afford the chest strap ones - even on ebay!! but i can get a watch for less than £10 :wink:

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard a watch version with no strap is less accurate. The chest strap is more accurate since it is reading just your heart rate whereas the watch would be picking up the heart rate of people around you. There would be more interferrence with just the watch HRM. So I guess depending on how accurate you want your calories burned to be.

I've been wanting a HRM for like a month now.. but am patiently waiting to have to money to buy a good one. I want to use it a lot and be able to depend on it for an accurate calorie burn reading!
  • TruSunshine
    Options
    I have a HRM and calorie counting watch and haven't had any problems with it. So far, I've lost 20lbs with it so I guess it's ok. I've heard that the ones with the chest strap are a little more accurate, but I'm not exactly sure. Different people have different preferences. :ohwell: