5'6 23 year old looking for weight loss buddies

Options
I'm only looking to lose 20 lbs or so, but I also want to tone- and I've never been big on exercise. I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle as an artist. I love the social aspect of MFP, and It would be so nice to find similar folks with similar goals : )

Edit: My name is Edith, btw : )

Replies

• rosealeea
    Options
    I'm 5'6 46 years old and looking for weight loss buddies.
  • eglaros
    eglaros Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Love health and fitness and eating healthy! I am a big foody and workout-aholic ;) I would love to be your accountability buddy! I am 26!
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    Awesome! Friend requests sent. I should also mention that I have a gluten allergy and a bit of sensitivity to dairy. Which stinks haha since I used to love all those foods. Especially french fries.
  • lizlosesthelbs
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined again today. Was on this site a few years ago but gave it up :\ Looking for new weight loss buddies!

Sounds like we're pretty similar: I'm 5'7, almost 25 and looking to lose 30. Over the summer I got active at the gym but mostly I live a sedentary lifestyle working in an office. I'm also an artist too :) My name's Liz, by the way.
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    Hi Liz, friend request sent! Nice to meet you : )
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm the same height as you and also in my 20s if you'd like a friend.

Looking at your ticker--are you trying to get down to 100 lbs? I think that would be well into the "underweight" category for women of our height. There is a lot of great information on MFP about strength training; that may get you more of the "toned" results you want without needing much additional weight loss.
  • jaimoni
    Options
    4'11, 25 yrs old. Looking for new buddies/friends for motivation as well. Feel free to send friend requests my way, encouraging each other really helps in my opinion! :)
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 38 years old. Looking for supportive buddies, friends and accountability partners.

Anyone can add me.
  • Ketoice
    Ketoice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    26 with about 30 pounds to lose - would love some more friends on here for mutual support and motivation so feel free to add me :)
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Friend requests sent. I do want to tone, definitely. My goal weight is based on my old college weight, so I just figured that would be good to shoot for. I do have a very very small frame for someone my height. But I think what I really want is to fit into all my old nice dresses haha
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just restarted last week after quite some time off. Sounds like we're all fairly similar. I'm 26, 5'5" and looking to lose 30-40lbs to just get healthy and fit. I work in an office and sit at my desk all day.

Let's do this!
  • antoniashanara
    antoniashanara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi there I'm 5'6 too and want to lose about 15lbs. I want to have some help of new friends and share tips and experiences with them :)

feel free to add me too :)