Looking for positive friends as I have none as of yet ;(

Options
Hi, let me begin by sharing a little bit about myself. I am 27 years old and a mother to a gorgeous 3 year old girl. I have never had any trouble with weight and would always lose it so easily. However, it is a whole other story now. I gained some wight after having Rosie and although I have lost most of it I can not lose the final few pounds.
I have used MFP in the past and it worked perfectly in combination with 30 day shred, but now I seem to be stuck in a rut :(

This is my first time on the forums and I hope to find some friends who can motivate me and with whom I can share experiences. I have no friends who are in the same boat as me so it would be great to interact with people who are :)

I am 5'2 and I currently weigh 127 lbs. I would like to lose about 10 lbs ideally, and I want to tone up. MFP is stating that I need 1200 calories but I keep reading that this might be too less? I am really confused, I don't want my body to go into starvation mode.

Thanks

Replies

• kari31p
    kari31p Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for someone just like you!

I am a 26 year old wife and mother to a beautiful baby girl too. When I was pregnant with Audrey, I only gained 12lbs and lost it almost instantly. If only my pre-pregnancy weight was something to brag about! Since August 15th, when I finally decided enough is enough, I've lost 29lb (which was my goal). Over the Holidays I managed to only put 1.5-2lbs back on, but those quickly came back off.

I am 5'9 and currently weigh 155. I don't have the frame to be too thin, but think I'd be happy right around the 148 mark..and I need to tone up and lose the loose pregnancy skin!

When I first started on MFP in August, they had me consuming 1200 calories as well, but I found myself absolutely starving all of the time. I upped it to 1300 and that little bit made a huge difference in my hunger pains. Also--I made sure I always ate back most of the calories burned during exercise. Right now I get over 1300 calories a day and have considered moving it back down to push myself off the plateau I'm currently hanging out on!
  • nisharoseapple
    nisharoseapple Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Bham!

My name is Nisha and my story is somewhat similar. I'm 34 and the mother of an amazing 2 year old toddler. For most of my life I was thin. I, too, would gain, but lose weight fairly easy. However, after my son's birth, it's been quite a struggle to get back to my old weight (125 lbs, size 6). I'm currently a size 10 at 153 lbs and I'm looking to lose about 15 lbs. Feel free to friend me. I'm on here nearly everyday.

P.S. If you're in a rut, you might want to start lifting weights and/or engaging in different types of physical activity.

Cheers,

Nisha