Help me lose the last 10-15 lbs please

Options
Hello, I just joined here. Hopping I can lose the last 10-15lbs. I have lost 30ish pounds lifting heavy weights, eating all the meat and vegtables I want, and not eating bread or sugar. I still eat rice sometimes however. Trouble is, I have not lost weight in a LONG time. At least a year. Sometimes the scale will go down 5-6 lbs in a week, then back up to 120 next week. I am 5ft tall. Here is my current pics (top) and what I would like to look like:

DcdW7vn.jpg

Run down of my diet:
I typically eat steak and a poached egg for breakfast, sometimes I have miso soup with an egg dropped in if Im out of meat. Dinner is often steak (cheap cuts) as well or sometimes ground beef or chicken thighs with a serving or two of broccoli, cabbage, or other cruciferous vegetable. Lunch is leftovers from dinner. I snack on whole fruit, usually apples or pears, sometimes with goat cheese (lactose intolerant) or some kind of nut butter. Sometimes a square of very dark chocolate. I have a drink a night- usually wine but sometimes a caesar. On the weekends I might have two. I cook things in tallow. If I make a curry (about once every 2 weeks or so) I will eat white rice with it. I also go out to eat about once every two weeks. Its either Indian or Wild Wings- I order dry rubs and usually drink a Guinness.

For work outs, I lift (5x5 program) 2-3x's a week. I don't do much cardio. I snowboard from time to time and hike from time to time. Usually do one of the two activities once a week, for hours. Last week I did a 5 hour hike for example. I am on my feet about 3-4 hours a day because of my job. Also because of my job, I pretty much have to sit the rest of the day. During the summer I am away from my gym so I don't lift (sadly). I go to the beach a lot (2+ times a week) and swim.

What can I improve? I love lifting and the way I lift and my strength I feel is not reflected in the way I look. I want to look as strong as I am. Should I diet more aggressively or do more cardio? The site is telling me to eat 1200 calories. That seems low. Any help is appreciated, sorry this is probably the longest winded post ever.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    K well the question is going to be do you measure and weigh your food?

If not buy a food scale and do that because there is no way to know exactly how many calories you are taking in if you don't weigh/measure it.

ETA: the amount of calories you are given are based on your weekly weight loss goals and activity level.

If you are lifting 2-3x a week I suggest the TDEE method which you can use here. You just manually set your goals and eat the same calories everyday instead of trying to figure out exercise calories from lifting. Make sure you are getting your protien in as well.

You can find a decent calculator at http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ but I did plug your stats in and it gave 1797 calories and that is a 10% fat loss a week with 1-3hours of exercise...(guessing there).
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale and have started measuring. I told the site I would be lifting 3x's a week and was lightly active. Why did it give me such a different number?
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I have a food scale and have started measuring. I told the site I would be lifting 3x's a week and was lightly active. Why did it give me such a different number?

The food scale will help a lot.

This site doesn't base calories on exercise it bases it on goals (ie 1/2lb a week)

Then you get to eat exercise calories back.

TDEE Method you tell MFP when you change your goals you want to do it manually, enter in the TDEE-10-15% number and there you go...mind you when you record our exercise change the calories burned to 1

I use TDEE and eat 1600 calories a day regardless of my workout and I lift 3x a week and HIIT 2x a week
  • mmcdonald700
    mmcdonald700 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would worry less about the number on the scale and more about the measurements/how you look based on what you want to do. If you want to be 105 and look like that goal picture... I would be skeptical that's possible. The goal picture is very muscular/toned (just look at them thighs and abs!) I would say you'd probably be closer to 110 or even 115 looking like that. So in reality, you want to LOOK like you weigh 105, but your actual weight will be higher if you're going to have that much muscle. Just my thoughts, I'm a lot taller than you so I'm not totally sure how much that much muscle would weigh on a shorter person, but any woman who is 5'0 and 100-105 lbs that I've seen doesn't have as much muscle as your goal pictures.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I would worry less about the number on the scale and more about the measurements/how you look based on what you want to do. If you want to be 105 and look like that goal picture... I would be skeptical that's possible. The goal picture is very muscular/toned (just look at them thighs and abs!) I would say you'd probably be closer to 110 or even 115 looking like that. So in reality, you want to LOOK like you weigh 105, but your actual weight will be higher if you're going to have that much muscle. Just my thoughts, I'm a lot taller than you so I'm not totally sure how much that much muscle would weigh on a shorter person, but any woman who is 5'0 and 100-105 lbs that I've seen doesn't have as much muscle as your goal pictures.

This as well...I have lost a size in 2 months but only about 3lbs.
  • ge105
    Options
    I'm not married to 105. It was just a guess on my part how much I'd have to lose to look like them. Truth is, I havent lost any weight on the scale or by measurements/how I look/ feel.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    that's good but a 5ft woman down to 105 puts you at a healthy weight range but doing it "slowly" will be better as you have to fuel your lifts. But there is a posiblity you would fluctuate between 105-110

My sister is 5 ft 4, looks like the pic you want and weighs 125lbs...that puts her at a healthy weight as well...no worries.

ETA: my sister has been working her tail off for a while tho to get that look, doing a lot of Jillian Michaels videos, eliptical and karate but with your weight lifting and if you eat enough to fuel your workouts you will get there.
  • ge105
    Options
    I have changed my eating goals to 1700. That seems more reasonable.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bump, almost same stats!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How did you even come up with 30 lbs? You already have some ab definition, which means you are probably around the 22-25% body fat range. That alone will probably only give you about 10 lbs max for loss. But like others said, track your calories for at least a month and come back with progress.
  • ge105
    Options
    How did you even come up with 30 lbs? You already have some ab definition, which means you are probably around the 22-25% body fat range. That alone will probably only give you about 10 lbs max for loss. But like others said, track your calories for at least a month and come back with progress.

Actually, 30lbs is what I already lost. What I want to lose is 10-15lbs.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Reading fail on my part, lol. The biggest thing is to log your calories and stick with it. Consistency, is the key to success.