weight loss slowing bit worried

Options
hi all, new to all this hoping for a bit of advice, been using my fitness pal since january 6th and have lost 10lbs already, but its slowing down, my goal is 2470 calories a day i cycle 5 miles to work and 5miles home 5 days a week plus i go to the gym 4 times aweek only recently been cycling (last six weeks) but have been going to the gym for the last 4 years, and according to my fitness pal my average calorie intake per day is about 1700 calories and -473 for the cycling, im currently 262lbs and 6ft and am trying to get to 210lbs, this is my first time at calorie counting and i'm very commited to getting to my goal weight to see all the hard work i have been doing down the gym, been riding in the wind and rain for the last 4 weeks.

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Most people will see a big jump on the scale in the first couple of weeks and then it naturally slows down so don't panic! As long as it continues going south you're on the right path! If it stalls completely for more than a few weeks, THEN you'll want to reassess your fitness and nutrition! :)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    In the first few weeks the loss is typically quite rapid because the first thing you lose is water weight. .5-1.5 pounds per week after that is stellar. Don't stress this early into the journey, you haven't even left the driveway yet.

Rigger
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Nothing to worry about, it's perfectly natural. With about 50 pounds left to lose, the idea rate would be 1-1.5 pounds per week. So far you're well above that and as the above poster mentioned, this is likely due to greater water weight loss in the beginning. You're doing fine. Keep up the good work!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    In the first few weeks the loss is typically quite rapid because the first thing you lose is water weight. .5-1.5 pounds per week after that is stellar. Don't stress this early into the journey, you haven't even left the driveway yet.

This.