Confused with weight...

xarra
xarra Posts: 128 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Apparently I've lost 20lb - the start & current weights may be lower than they should be, but I've been using the same scales and it's a 20lb difference between when I started and now.

Except I can't SEE any difference. Same size clothes (maybe an iota looser) and everything...

So where the heck has 20lb gone FROM? Any ideas?

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'm down 39lbs and several inches but can still fit into the clothes I wore when I was bigger too. My thoughts on it - I was probably too big for the size I was wearing when I was large, and they are now getting loose. Almost ready for the next size down.

It's probably related to water weight or fat loss that has been evenly distributed. Add some weight training to your routine (including soup cans if you don't want to get weights). That'll start to tone you up and add muscle definition which will drop the inches more rapidly than fat loss alone.

The weird thing...my shoes are getting loose :noway:
  • You will see a difference soon, and maybe you need to do some toning exercises along with weight loss to promote a leaner torso?

I've lost 3 stone since January (20lbs since I joined MFP in June), and I'm still wearing the same size clothes, although they are definitely getting a bit baggy now!
  • tawalsh01
    tawalsh01 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi!! I lost 40lbs last year and had the same issue. I agree with the other people. You will eventually have to go down to the next size. Just remember that if one pair of pants is a size 10 say, and you try on a different maker in the same size, they will fit differently. Also, just like the other's said, add weight training to your routine. It's interesting, sometimes the scale won't move that much but you lose inches. Just remember, muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space :wink:
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    I've lost almost 20 this time and can't tell a difference at all. But this is what I keep remembering: LAST time I lost weight, I lost about 25 pounds (and I was much less overweight than I am now... so theoretically I should have been able to see the loss sooner). At the time, I went down maybe one size but didn't feel I could see a huge difference in how I looked. Looking back at pictures now... I can tell a difference. I think sometimes we just get used to how we look from day to day and it is hard to see the difference. (Unfortunately for me, that works both ways!)
This discussion has been closed.