How to lose inches on my stomach!?

Options
I was around 205 lbs when I gave birth to my second son. After having him I plateaued at 188lb. I am now 161lbs. I am losing inches and weight everywhere but my stomach seems to be shrinking a lot slower! I still look pregnant! like 4 or 5 months pregnant! what can I do?

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Before people try to start talking about special diets and supplements and workouts, let me say this:

You can not spot reduce. Can. Not. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

That being said, a caloric deficit is how you lose fat. Strength training will help keep you from losing muscle tissue while you're in a deficit. Your body will choose where it takes the fat from. Sad, but true. You'll just have to stick with it. But it works.

In the meantime, invest in some Spanx. I love that stuff!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    X your fingers and pray :)

Keep doing what your doing till it comes off :)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Before people try to start talking about special diets and supplements and workouts, let me say this:

You can not spot reduce. Can. Not. Anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

That being said, a caloric deficit is how you lose fat. Strength training will help keep you from losing muscle tissue while you're in a deficit. Your body will choose where it takes the fat from. Sad, but true. You'll just have to stick with it. But it works.

In the meantime, invest in some Spanx. I love that stuff!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

^ Yeah - that right there.
  • lise1212
    Options
    Ditto SarahCate79. . . . . Spanx is the bomb! (that is until I lose the 15 lbs Im going for!)
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hahaha thanks!! I have about 20 more lbs to go. the only place I am not down to normal is the mid section. maybe it will be the last to go?? keeping my fingers crossed!
  • inittoloose10
    inittoloose10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have lost all of my baby phat., have a flat stomach but sadly there is that pudgy feeling right under the navel area and it wont go away for me. Keep at it!
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The stomach area is usually the last place that fat is lost.
    So patience
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I weigh about the same as I did when I got pregnant with my first child. But my pants that I wore before getting pregnant with him totally don't fit anymore because of my stomach/hips. The weight really shifts around in not-so flattering ways after having kids. :/