Considering buying Lululemon

I want a pair of warm leggings for the winter so I can go from gym or running to class
I tried underarmor and ended up with sheerness while not bending as well as extreme changes through the sizes.
My mall has North Face and Lululemon which are around the same price. The underwunders are the ones I'm looking at since they don't have a seat seam. How should I test for sheerness, is it better to take it home and test it there because of lighting?

Also what do you wear under lululemons? Thongs, seamless panties, seamless thongs? The smallest ones I own are cheeksters from VS, if I can get away with a seamless underwear it would be preferable.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I would go with Northface before LuLuLemon... or Target's Champion brand- or Dankins.

I have ethical issues purchasing from a sexists jdugemental company.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Why not look into the North Face leggings? I have a few things by them and it's always been great quality stuff - you might not end up having to worry about working out in thongs that way, either!
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    Amazon has a lot of athletic wear at a discount. I bought my favorite running pants on there which are New Balance. They are GREAT.
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Got to TJMaxx or Marshalls or any discount store and find a pair of leggings from any name brand for half the price. I NEVER buy any exercise gear for full price. It is all brand name and good quality but cheaper. Besides who needs to pay full price for something that will end up stinking, fast. Because spandex doesn't like to let go of smell at all.It is almost like hockey gear in that way. Clean scent for the first wearing only. ;)
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Eh, there are plenty of other brands that are much cheaper than Lululemon that are just as good. The traditional sports brands--Nike, Adidas, etc--make nice stuff that is much more affordable. Athleta is nice too, and also cheaper. I'd try Northface--I have a pair of wunder unders and they aren't any warmer than any other workout pants I have. Northface might have something made more specifically for winter if that's what you're looking for.

Lululemon is kind of obnoxious as a company, so they're not my first choice. Ironically, the only thing I've been truly pleased with that I've bought there are their seamless underwear, which I wear under all my tights.
  • Caffe1ne
    Caffe1ne Posts: 7 Member
    I rather go to a physical store so I can try it before I buy it since after the Target thing going back to the "cash is king" mentality.
    I guess I'm partial to LuLu since most of the girls in my gym wear it so it seems to work.

Yes I'm looking more for a thick running legging as I'm in the Northeast and winter hasn't been kind to us lately.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    I guess I'm partial to LuLu since most of the girls in my gym wear it so it seems to work.

Haha, the fact that most of the girls at my gym wear Lululemon is exactly why I DON'T like to wear it. I like to be different. :)
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Love my Lulu. Not crazy about Chip right now but I do still love their clothing.
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Well speaking from experience.. I have a paid of Lulu Wonder unders and I LOVE them :) I wouldn't ncessarily use them for cold temps but for spin or any cardio class they are awesome
  • If you're really shooting on only those 2 options then North Face is MUCH better. Their gear lasts way longer and is better quality to begin with.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    I would choose North Face over Lululemon, especially since they tried to blame shoddy fabric and workmanship on the bodies of the women wearing them. But I would also look at Athleta, they have a good return policy and are probably cheaper.
  • Caffe1ne
    Well they're proof that not all Lulu is sheer.

@Shoechick5 What Lulu do you own with the leggings/have you bought it recently?

I've been hearing that the stuff in stores is better than what is being shipped from online
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    My nieces buy from there all the time and pretty much live int their clothes. They are 15 and 16. Yes, my sister buys it for them. But my niece told me at Christmas that there quality has gone way down and it is just not the same as when they first starting buying from there. On that note, she took some leggings, pants back there over christmas that she had a while and they replaced them for her. I think their guarantee is very good. But for what its worth once they got popular their quality has gone way down.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Wunderunders are amazing! I have them as well as every other brand of leggings (nike, under armor, north face, danskin, new balance, etc...) and these are hands down the best for running, yoga, and skiing (all activities ive worn lulu versus others in). I dont wear anything under mine and dont have any issues with shearness.
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    You can probably buy a whole set of really cute, good quality workout gear at Target for the price of a single lululemon piece.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    I completely agree with kickivale. I've tried many brands expensive tights but the inexpensive newbalance running tights my boyfriend ordered me on Amazon are my absoloute favorite. The'yre not sheer at all, super comfortable and stay exactly where they are supossed to.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    I would go with Northface before LuLuLemon... or Target's Champion brand- or Dankins.

Funny the carry men's clothing also.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member

LOL this post brings up a good point, without detail just know I am a guy who follows companies for their stocks. And ummmm the dumb__s C.E.O. at Lu Lu just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper and deeper and deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeper every time he talks.... lol........ From a analytical point of view just know there is a reason they are now having to slow down production........
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Call me cheap but my favorite leggings for workouts (lifting, elliptical, kickboxing) are the Danskin Now fitted leggings from Walmart. They run a size big I think. I wear a 10/12 in jeans, but I have three pairs of M (8-10) long fitted leggings from there and I wear them CONSTANTLY. They don't shrink, super comfortable, and I never have to pull them up! They're about $12.
  • Caffe1ne
    Never even heard of Athleta before! I've tried Danskin before and they didn't work after a few weeks for me, they loosened on the knees and became sheer in certain places as if the fabric rubbed.