For the ladies ONLY

Options

Replies

• Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I DO!!! Theyre my go to chocolate! 85% dark or higher for this girl! :) By lintdor!!!! OMG! Im dying lol
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I was craving Little Debbie zebra cakes yesterday because of my period! Which I have never enjoyed eating. Even as a kid I hated those cakes! What can I say, cravings are weird when we're menstrual!

I crave food 24/7 for at least a day or two when I'm on the rag. It's unavoidable for me. I just have been letting it happen, no good making yourself even more grouchy by not allowing yourself to indulge every now and then. I had a zebra cake yesterday...the first one hit the spot, after that, I was good.
    Oh man, zebra cakes!! I LOVE those things!!! I used to eat them constantly as a kid. It's been ages since I had one.
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Any time you say for the Ladies ONLY you already know us Men are going to stop by, it's our Job :smile: :laugh:

Yep you definitely have a little devil on your shoulder. :laugh: LOL!
  • mlima14
    mlima14 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm really bad with TOM, I crave salty one minute and then sugar the next. It's like my cravings are bipolar. Lol!
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Eat dark chocolate. It is good for you - in moderation. I lost over 45 pounds eating dark chocolate chips almost every day last year. Check out the Flat Belly Diet - you can eat chocolate, nuts and avocado!

Good luck! We all have our bad days, so don't beat yourself up.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when my monthly visitor comes I feel more anxious. Usually when I'm anxious I eat more because I'm seeking grounding, and heavy, salty, chocolately foods are grounding.
    I used to suffer from horrible migraines and started taking a magnesium supplement. Along with that and diet changes, yoga and accupuncture I've been migraine free for over 2 years (knocking profusely on wood right now!) I still take "Natural Calm" magnesium supplement and that seems to work well.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    really... you have NEVER heard of anyone having cravings on their period? really? also, why are men so sensitive that they can't happen across a thread about menstruation?

on that note... if I say I am PMSing, is the tone of this reply more acceptable?
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Could also be your body preparing for the possibility of feeding new life. Storing up those fats and such. Once your body figures out that you aren't, the cravings should stop.

That is an almost scary way of thinking about it. #fingersinears La la la la la la la la!
  • daniicaliforniaa93
    Options
    I randomly came across this and I think I figured out what was going on with my migraine this morning. Whew! And I thought I was dying or something lol
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I guess Im lucky, I have an advantage- cause I've had over 200 periods, I know what to expect now. I couldnt imagine just experiencing this for the first time. tugs on the heartstrings you know?

Dont worry, once you've had it a few times, you will also know what to expect :flowerforyou:
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's that time for me too and I am OBSESSING over donuts. :(!

Oh my god donuts! I want donuts!!!!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    really... you have NEVER heard of anyone having cravings on their period? really? also, why are men so sensitive that they can't happen across a thread about menstruation?

on that note... if I say I am PMSing, is the tone of this reply more acceptable?

WOW! Avoid this woman, she is obviously on the rag!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I don't get cravings, but do become very hungry a day or so before - like I need to eat every 2 hours rather than every 4-5. I just try to eat higher protein, higher fat. Keeps me satisfied a little longer. If I manage to stay under maintenance, great, but I'm out of calories at the end of the day and I'm hungry I'm still going to grab that last snack.

It doesn't set me back enough to be worth obsessing over it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of a woman having period cravings.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

srsly!
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-19753-1380857862-15.gif

also, OP i'm curious as to why you put stars on your face when in your other pics you have an almost identical one without the stars. just wonderin'
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options

srsly!
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-19753-1380857862-15.gif

also, OP i'm curious as to why you put stars on your face when in your other pics you have an almost identical one without the stars. just wonderin'

cause....stars!!!

duh
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BRB

Going to the store to buy a Cadbury creme egg.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of a woman having period cravings.

It's true. It's usually the semi-colon or exclamation point that we crave.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    When I did still have a period (TY "no off week" birth control), I actually craved beans. All the time. Kidney beans. Refried beans. Whatever.