Options
Hi,
My name is Michele. I have a whole lot of weight to lose. I'm not even sure my starting weight is correct because my mothers scale is one of those swinging arm things where you can't really see what it lands on. Plus I have such a large belly that I have to bend over it to see what the scales says. I think a new scale is in order.

I joined this site with my Mom. I have 2 sisters on it too. They have already experienced success and I am expecting to lose some weight too. I an 58 years old, I have lupus and on lots of medications. I'm still on Prednisone, currently being weaned down. I'm at 9mg a day/ Unfortunately that makes me hungry all the time. I really need to know what foods I could eat that would stay with me for a while. I usually eat cottage cheese with pineapple in it every morning and I am hungry an hour later. I'm out of that, so I had frosted shredded wheat with soy milk this morning. I may get hungry earlier. I already read on this site someone said have hot drinks they help make you feel full. I will give that a try,

Well I am looking forward to reading about others, wins and loses. Helpful hints. Please feel free to drop a line offering advice, I need all the help I can get. I have at least 125 - 150 lbs to go. Here's to happy lifestyle changes and dieting, may we all succeed!

Replies

• baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. There is so many great people and lot of motivation here. Feel free to add me and we can help each other.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Michele! You've found a great place to keep you on track, Good luck on reaching your goal!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You, your mom and your sisters sound determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request! :flowerforyou: I have MS and PCOS, so I understand all the meds and having an autoimmune disorder :angry:

High protein and high fiber foods along with a lot of water help me feel full.