Why am i not losing anything??

Options
I am so frusterated with this whole weight loss stuff it is very overrated!!!! I have been a size 12-14 all of my life i blew up due to female issues to a 18. After my surgery i lost about 30lbs with diet and excersie I am currently in a size 10 and weigh about 20 lbs more than i want to. I attend a zumba class 5 times a week for an hour i am on my feet all day i am a teacher and i eat right i drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies. I just cant seem to get this off!!! Any advice would greatly be appreciated!!!!!

Replies

• Levesque_7
    Options
    calories in vs. calories out. make sure you burn more than you consume and you will lose weight. You may be eating more than you think. Invest in a food scale to measure and weigh everything
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have you been consistently eating below your TDEE?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I am so frusterated with this whole weight loss stuff it is very overrated!!!! I have been a size 12-14 all of my life i blew up due to female issues to a 18. After my surgery i lost about 30lbs with diet and excersie I am currently in a size 10 and weigh about 20 lbs more than i want to. I attend a zumba class 5 times a week for an hour i am on my feet all day i am a teacher and i eat right i drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies. I just cant seem to get this off!!! Any advice would greatly be appreciated!!!!!

You've already lost some weight, so how is that overrated? If you are working out and not losing weight, then you are eating at maintenance. Eating "right" doesn't mean you are eating at a calorie deficit, which is what you need to do to lose more weight. Buy a good food scale and weigh all your dry food, and measure all your liquid food, so you know your calorie intake calculations are correct. Don't eat back all of your exercise calories; the odds are you are overestimating how many calories you are burning. That will get you started. Make adjustments as you go.
  • Aaliantha
    Options
    I know this sounds a bit 'out there' but I have been doing a lot of research on drinking water and I realized that I was doing more harm than good by drinking too much water. So last week I did an experiment. I cut my water intake in half. Doctors recommend no more than 2 litres of liquid a day, this includes all liquid not just water and if you are eating well you should be getting a litre of water from your food. I am still working my way down to 2 litres but by just cutting my water intake in half I lost 12cm from my belly in a couple of days. Too much water can slow your metabolism down, stop cells from functioning properly and dilutes your electrolytes. Last time I spoke of this on here I got made fun of and bullied, but I'm convinced after losing so much of my bloat after such a short time it works. Anyway, just thought I would let you know what has been helping me. Cheers, and good luck :)
  • mccindy72
    Options
    I know this sounds a bit 'out there' but I have been doing a lot of research on drinking water and I realized that I was doing more harm than good by drinking too much water. So last week I did an experiment. I cut my water intake in half. Doctors recommend no more than 2 litres of liquid a day, this includes all liquid not just water and if you are eating well you should be getting a litre of water from your food. I am still working my way down to 2 litres but by just cutting my water intake in half I lost 12cm from my belly in a couple of days. Too much water can slow your metabolism down, stop cells from functioning properly and dilutes your electrolytes. Last time I spoke of this on here I got made fun of and bullied, but I'm convinced after losing so much of my bloat after such a short time it works. Anyway, just thought I would let you know what has been helping me. Cheers, and good luck :)

It's very important to drink enough water. In the short term you will dehydrate and appear thinnner, in the long run you will do damage.

http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water-education/water-health.htm
    http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water-education/water-get-enough.htm
  • teresareckner
    Options
    Becareful that you are not under eating... your body needs fuel to run, if you under eating it will go into starvation mode and store fat. :ohwell:
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Becareful that you are not under eating... your body needs fuel to run, if you under eating it will go into starvation mode and store fat. :ohwell:

Please stop saying this. It's been addressed so many times and you are spreading false information. The body cannot store fat when there is a calorie deficit, it is forced to burn fat for energy. It will also burn lean muscle when the deficit is too large, this is the risk when not eating enough calories. People who don't enough won't go into starvation mode and store fat, they will starve to death.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Please stop saying this. It's been addressed so many times and you are spreading false information. The body cannot store fat when there is a calorie deficit, it is forced to burn fat for energy. It will also burn lean muscle when the deficit is too large, this is the risk when not eating enough calories. People who don't enough won't go into starvation mode and store fat, they will starve to death.

just look at the people on survivor :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    subscribed
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

It's very important to drink enough water. In the short term you will dehydrate and appear thinnner, in the long run you will do damage.

http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water-education/water-health.htm
    http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/water-education/water-get-enough.htm

If she needs to cut her water intake by more than half to get her intake to 2 litres, she's not dehydrating herself and is not doing any damage. You can drink too much. You can kill yourself drinking too much water, though it's hard to do.

OP, Just make sure your urine is very pale yellow and you're good to go. If it's clear you're probably drinking more than you need.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you mentioned "female problem". are those issues taken care of because hormonal imbalances can play a big part in weight loss.

yes it's all about calories in vs calories out but sometimes hormonal issues can play a large part in how many calories youd need to maintain and lose weight.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you're doing Zumba 5 days a week, you probably have a lot more muscle mass than you did when you started out. And some people really have denser bones than other people, which is a good thing for them. Size 10 and muscular is great compared with size 12-14 and mostly fat. If you've never been at the weight you're shooting for, you may find it's too low for you. What are your measurements?
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    The zumba calories on here seem inflated. Perhaps you are burning less calories than you think at Zumba.