Elliptical users at home

Options
I love using the elliptical at the gym. I gave up my gym membership last year & purchased a treadmill for my basement which I have been good about actually using. I do still miss using an elliptical though. I have gone through 2 at home but resold them due to the fact that they "shake" or just don't seem as sturdy as the ones at the gym. I realize you get what you pay for and the ones at the gym are very expensive, good quality pieces of equipment. It was on carpet, but I did have it on an equipment mat to try and reduce it. The last one I had was for around $300, so not the cheapest one at the store but still a lot cheaper than some. Maybe I need to look in the $500-600 range? My question is if any of you know what I'm talking about & have found a good elliptical for your home that doesn't have the "shakiness".

Replies

• Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have one. I have no idea what it is, but it cost about $800
  • eatandexercise1
    eatandexercise1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a NordicTrack that I got for 1000. I like it alot
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I love using the elliptical at the gym. I gave up my gym membership last year & purchased a treadmill for my basement which I have been good about actually using. I do still miss using an elliptical though. I have gone through 2 at home but resold them due to the fact that they "shake" or just don't seem as sturdy as the ones at the gym. I realize you get what you pay for and the ones at the gym are very expensive, good quality pieces of equipment. It was on carpet, but I did have it on an equipment mat to try and reduce it. The last one I had was for around $300, so not the cheapest one at the store but still a lot cheaper than some. Maybe I need to look in the $500-600 range? My question is if any of you know what I'm talking about & have found a good elliptical for your home that doesn't have the "shakiness".

I have a Yowza elliptical. It cost me around $800 on Amazon. It's extremely stable and very quiet, has some good features. I did quite a bit of research before I bought it to make sure I was buying the best for my money. There are more expensive models with more features but I'm very satisfied with mine. I use it every day and I've had it for about a year.
  • pensarepink
    pensarepink Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a Schwinn elliptical that's very sturdy. I think it was about $800.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have a Smooth CE which cost me a pretty penny, about $1300. It is very sturdy and doesn't shake. I did my research and thought that it would be the best one. Let me tell you however, it leaves a lot to be desired, especially for the money. The stride is short, the computer is off. I have now become used to it, but nothing like the ones in the gym. I don't know who they are paying off for their reviews but if I had to do it again, I would buy one that I can test drive first, not one that has the best reviews.