TDEE/BMR question...I don't think I've been eating enough :/

Options
I've just been going by the MFP recommendation that to lose 1 lb a week, I need to net 1350 calories a day. Most days I eat between 1200-1400 calories. But nothing is going on in the weight loss department. Today, I calculated my BMR and TDEE and I think I have not been eating enough to lose weight. My TDEE is 2061 and my BMR is 1479. So TDEE -20% would be 1751. Should I up my calories to get the scale going down?

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It depends. It could be you aren't eating enough, or it could be you are eating too much. Are you logging everyday, everything, do you weight all your food?

Also, do you base yourself on the number on the scale or do you take measurements and pictures?

Opening your diary and providing us with your stats would help (age, height and weight)
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've just been going by the MFP recommendation that to lose 1 lb a week, I need to net 1350 calories a day. Most days I eat between 1200-1400 calories. But nothing is going on in the weight loss department. Today, I calculated my BMR and TDEE and I think I have not been eating enough to lose weight. My TDEE is 2061 and my BMR is 1479. So TDEE -20% would be 1751. Should I up my calories to get the scale going down?

Did you figure anything out? I am in the same situation and my TDEE and BMR are about the same as yours. I've been averaging 750-900 under what I actually burn for the day (according to my Fitbit) but when I run the numbers I'm at 45-47% below TDEE! I've been at this for 25 days and actually gained. Scared to eat more and I'm not hungry but I think I'm going to slowly start moving it up. Just curious what you decided to do.