I'm so tired..

Since I started my journey, I've lost over 75 lbs but I'm still in the 280s. I am working at losing, I'm tracking on MFP both my food intake and my exercise but I have to admit, I'm tired. I'm tired of being the fattest person in my group of friends, tired of being the fattest person at work, tired of being the fattest person at the gym, tired of being the fattest person in the pool, tired of being the fattest person at the exercise class.. I'm just so frustrated and I'm not sure how to get out of this mindset. Any suggestions besides the suck it up princess and put on my big girl panties?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Suck it up butter cup and keep going.....
    Congrats on the 75 pound loss. :flowerforyou:
  • Keep going! Slow progress is better than no progress at all. Awesome job on the 75lbs lost!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    My philosophy is, if your past self walked into the gym right now, your present self is 75 lbs lighter than that person. Great job!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    My philosophy is, if your past self walked into the gym right now, your present self is 75 lbs lighter than that person. Great job!

+1 :flowerforyou:

Be proud of how far you have come! And at least you are there, getting ish done, instead of sitting at home doing nothing about it.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Keep at it! You are my favourite type of person to see at the gym / classes / pool I always feel proud of the 'bigger' people because at the very least they are trying. I bet there are others around you thinking the same. You could be on the couch eating pizza pretending your happy how you are but you've admitted that you're not so you've gone out to change that!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    So what's the alternative?

I'm tired of staying the fattest person in my group of friends, tired of staying the fattest person at work, tired of staying the fattest person and not going to the gym, tired of staying the fattest person in the pool, tired of being the fattest person and not attending any exercise classes.

It's all about perspective. Congrats on your 75 lbs loss :flowerforyou:
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    how long did it take to get that big? Be patient, dude.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    I felt the same way when I hit a one month stall in my weightloss. I had two options, keep doing the healthy thing and realize that it will come off eventually if you are patient, or revert to my old ways and be 100% positive that I would always be one of the fattest, and know I would be on meds within the year and potentially dead decades too early.

I picked option 1 and now I'm 5lbs leaner than that girl. And I know that in a month I'll be that much smaller than where I am now. And that is awesome and empowering. And so very worth the daily struggle.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Since I started my journey, I've lost over 75 lbs but I'm still in the 280s. I am working at losing, I'm tracking on MFP both my food intake and my exercise but I have to admit, I'm tired. I'm tired of being the fattest person in my group of friends, tired of being the fattest person at work, tired of being the fattest person at the gym, tired of being the fattest person in the pool, tired of being the fattest person at the exercise class.. I'm just so frustrated and I'm not sure how to get out of this mindset. Any suggestions besides the suck it up princess and put on my big girl panties?

I suppose you could give up...gain back that 75lbs...keep wearing those big girl panties...or...

Keep working until you fit in to those small girl panties...

Last week...I threw some big girl panties away...they were falling of my behind...

I know...some days it seems as if it will never end. If you give up though...what time that you already have under your belt will be for nothing...you now have 75 less excuses why you can't succeed.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Oh, and I wanted to add that sometimes mfp friends can help without knowing. I have a friend on here who never loses very much at a time. .4 here, .2 there. But he is consistent as clock work. And just in the short time we have been friends he is down 20lbs.

little loses add up to big numbers faster than you'd guess if you are consistent and patient.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    You are the person who, just kept at it, you kept going and going, today, in the cold and wet northern hemisphere, I'm in the UK it does not seem so bright, there's not a lot too much to raise ones spirits but you have light at the end of your tunnel, you are more than well on your way. You are the person you your group of friends, colleagues who has learned most about themselves in the past months and no one can take that away from you. How do I know. YOU have come so very far. Think towards the summer and just keep at it.

well done
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Never-give-up-on-a-dream-just-because-of-the-time-it-will-take-to-accomplish-it.-The-time-will-pass-anyway.-.jpg

I can only imagine having that much to lose is very difficult, but you need to keep your head up and keep going!! What is the alternative? Just try to stay motivated and focus on the positive, look how far you have come! That is an amazing accomplishment and you need to be proud of yourself. Would you rather be the "fattest person" who is trying and working hard to better yourself, or the " fattest person" who does absolutely nothing about it?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

BOOOOOOM! :flowerforyou:

This was almost exactly what I was going to say. If nothing else, take a picture of your former self with you wherever you go. When you start to feel this way, pull it out, look at it. You are no longer the biggest person in the room.