Bikini Body

Options
I have to get from 25% body fat to 18% body fat ATLEAST by summer.. Need motivation.. Friend requests welcome :)

Replies

• rickyjames21
    Options
    better get ya two a days going lol
  • ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    I know right! I've worked my *kitten* off to get where I'm at but this is gonna be hard to hopefully get close to my goal
  • tgabmac
    tgabmac Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have more to lose than you! So I'm with ya! Though, you look good!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Even my toes are not ready for the beach yet ! LOLOLOL
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    You know whatcha have to do, no fun but it get ya there...work out light more reps
  • ColoradoCountryGal
    Options
    You know whatcha have to do, no fun but it get ya there...work out light more reps

More reps less weight? Or less reps more weight? I need to kick it in gear lol
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    Lighter weights more reps. You don't wanna bulk out
  • ColoradoCountryGal
    Options

Thanks for the advice! Will definitely try it out
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    gl
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    Serious
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    Lite weights more reps burns fat builds muscle without bulking. She isn't a body builder she was trying to reduce body fat by 8%. Been there done that.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about bulking with high weights/low reps. If you aren't eating enough calories to gain weight (which you won't be since you're trying to lose fat), there will be no bulking. You'll want to work your muscles to exhaustion, this will happen quicker with higher weights and waste less of your time. Anyone one who says you might bulk up is spewing bro-science at you, or just being a jerk.

So, calorie deficit, heavy weights (to save time, or light weights with a bajillion reps if you don't have access to heavy or have time to kill), and you should be good to go by summer!
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    Don't worry about bulking with high weights/low reps. If you aren't eating enough calories to gain weight (which you won't be since you're trying to lose fat), there will be no bulking. You'll want to work your muscles to exhaustion, this will happen quicker with higher weights and waste less of your time. Anyone one who says you might bulk up is spewing bro-science at you, or just being a jerk.

So, calorie deficit, heavy weights (to save time, or light weights with a bajillion reps if you don't have access to heavy or have time to kill), and you should be good to go by summer!
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    So as a pitcher it does me better to lift heavy. Bench the limits cause it won't bulk my shoulders? Better go tell that one to the sports trainers in SanDiego.
  • rickyjames21
    Options
    Might effect arm speed ? Just a lil? maybe 10mph off the fastball? Possible Dr?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice! Will definitely try it out

Don't listen to this. Heavy weights, less reps. Pretty sure this guy is messing with you.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    So as a pitcher it does me better to lift heavy. Bench the limits cause it won't bulk my shoulders? Better go tell that one to the sports trainers in SanDiego.

Women do not have the testosterone necessary to "bulk". It just will not happen. Any women body builders you see looking bulky have to work very hard and take supplements that the average woman is not taking in order to get that way.

Read this for some famous MFP women lifters. I don't see any bulk there, they life HEAVY.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/987513-lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy?hl=twiggy
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

Are you eating at a deficit? Yes? Than you won't bulk up, period. No? Then you might have a chance.

Are you female? No? If you were, your coaches would be giving different advice. As a woman, you have to work your *kitten* off to gain muscle mass. It doesn't happen so fast you just wake up one day and cry because you're looking like the Hulk. It takes YEARS of hard work.

Are you male? Yes? Then you can bulk relatively quickly. Congratulations.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Lololololollollol.

You're funny.

Any who. Do what makes you happy OP but I've been all about more weight and less reps and I have certainly not bulked up. Slimmed down, yes. Bulked? No.