Spicy Food

Options
Is it true that spicy food temporarily speeds up your metabolism?

Replies

• lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Is it true that spicy food temporarily speeds up your metabolism?
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    My husband read something that said spicy food releases chemicals that increases metabolism. However, I think it is very slight.

When I eat spicy food, I can't eat a lot at a time. So that might work! :laugh:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    love spicy food:smooched:
    i always pick on my "tough guy" friend who can't stand the mild sauce at taco bell:wink::devil:
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    Yea I love spicy food to, so i'm glad to here it has benefits
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Well... being a West Indian who eat a lot of spicy food, I guess it only goes for those who dont eat it a lot???

My family (very large family) is split down the middle. Some are very overweight and others are perfect thinness for their height. And we ALL eat spicy food and those overweight ones certainly love it too.
  • kmatanzas
    kmatanzas Posts: 25
    Options
    i heard cayenne pepper is the most healthy spice you can consume and it does improve the speed of your metabolism....they tell you to use as much on your food as you can stand.....
  • lilmandy89
    Options
    i heard cayenne pepper is the most healthy spice you can consume and it does improve the speed of your metabolism....they tell you to use as much on your food as you can stand.....

Well that's good news I use cayenne pepper with pretty much every meal, i add it to pretty much everything :love:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yep, its true that it speeds it up :)
    I eat jalepeno peppers and cayenne sauce every day at lunch. Then again, I can shrug off habanero sauce without breaking a sweat either... I grew up eating really spicy foods!