HRM QUESTIONS: Polar users please read

flattsfan22
flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello,

I just bought a Polar FT7, I LOVE IT!!! Two questions I have that the user manuel was not too clear on. Am I supposed to wet the chest strap each time I use it? Does it turn off?

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    yes, and no.

simple answers, but there it is. :smile:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Yes, you must wet the strap--the two "sensor panels" that touch your skin when you wear it. The HRM turns off when it no longer senses a signal (after a time interval, so it doesn't shut off if there is a temporary interruption in the middle of your workout)).

To conserve battery life, you should remove the chest strap and wipe it dry immediately (or soon after) the end of your workout. Sometimes, if you leave the strap wet and place it next to the wrist receiver, they will both stay activated for an extended period of time. It's not like you'll wear it out in a day or anything, but doing that consistently over time will shorten battery life.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    yes, and no.

simple answers, but there it is. :smile:

what he said
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Yes, you must wet the strap--the two "sensor panels" that touch your skin when you wear it. The HRM turns off when it no longer senses a signal (after a time interval, so it doesn't shut off if there is a temporary interruption in the middle of your workout)).

To conserve battery life, you should remove the chest strap and wipe it dry immediately (or soon after) the end of your workout. Sometimes, if you leave the strap wet and place it next to the wrist receiver, they will both stay activated for an extended period of time. It's not like you'll wear it out in a day or anything, but doing that consistently over time will shorten battery life.

great info! I too wasn't clear on why I needed to remove the device from the chest strap!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,247 Member
    I also have the FT7... you wet the two mesh strips before straping it on. I wet them with warm water using my finger as opposed to wetting the whole strap under the faucet. After working out I unsnap the plastic receiver thingy and rinse the strap under running water. Hope this helps :smile:
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Thank you all, I have been wetting the strap each time but wasn't sure if I was supposed to. Thanks for clearing that up :)
This discussion has been closed.