GOING TO A RESTAURANT WHAT TO EAT??????

Options
Hey guys!
Im kinda having a hard time right now because my boyfriend wants to take me out to dinner. Now i have about 500 calories left for my daily allowance and I was wondering what i could possibly eat that would be under my limit and how I can track it in my diary afterwards. I also do NOT want to just take a salad. The restaurant would be like a normal family dinner place not fast food like mcdonalds or pizza place.

Replies

• 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Maybe just go and enjoy yourself? Moderately of course. Then do some cardio when you get home.
  • valerie759
    valerie759 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ok but how would i even begin to track the calories I ate afterwards on here??
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with taking a night out, you could go over your calories by several hundred and still not be at maintenance for the week.

If you want to stay fairly low cal, salmon, chicken, or a lean cut of steak are a good way to go.

Rigger
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Just do your best. Some chain restaurants have calorie information online or on their menu. I try to stick to fish/grilled chicken and lots of veggies. Or, I order what I want and eat half of it. I then come home and try to guestimate by the ingredients I ate.
  • zentha1384
    zentha1384 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If you know the restaurant you are going to see if they have a menu online. If they a lot of time also have a nutrition guide. Pick out a couple things, keeping in mind you might need to right away set half of it aside to go home. Then go to the restaurant know what you want.

If there isn't a nutrition guide try to estimate using MFP what a meal should be. If you can't do a decent job just reading the menu then you probably can't do it after seeing the food in front of you. If you can't estimate it avoid it.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay fairly low cal, salmon, chicken, or a lean cut of steak are a good way to go.

Unless breaded and fried obv, but this.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yes, lots of nutrition info on restaurant's websites/mfp database. If you can't find exact foods, just log something comparable. Either way, I would over estimate (I usually overestimate by 15% percent just to cover it.) Also, there's nothing to be nervous about. Just do your best to make a healthy choice. If you go over, you can even it out over the next few days.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN on your date!
  • 1119Donna
    1119Donna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You could put 1/2 of whatever you get in a to-go box before you eat. Most restaurants have pretty big servings, unless you're going to a really nice restaurant that has smaller portions.
  • ftballmom9296
    ftballmom9296 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There is a web site www.dwlz.com this website has a section restaurants that has several popular restaurants that list all the nutritional information you could ever need try it out hope it helps. Or just enjoy your evening and bust *kitten* tomorrow.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You can usually get grilled chicken or fish and veggies at a regular restaurant. And ask for veggies instead of the potato. Have fun!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Food
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If it is a chain restaurant, look up the nutritional info and choose your dinner before you go.
    If not, go with simple - like grilled chicken, salmon or steak and baked potato, salad. Use your judgement on the portion sizes.

Another option is to go, enjoy yourself and not worry about it for one night. No need to go crazy, but no need to obsess either, just have a nice meal and enjoy.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    The food. :bigsmile:
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Food

Sovi.....you keep me laughing.....thank you! :laugh: :laugh:
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    and Valerie.....here's another place to check for restaurant menus that someone posted in another thread today: rippedrecipes.com

Enjoy your evening out! :smile:
  • valerie759
    valerie759 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hello, just an update,

so we went and i took a whole wheat chicken wrap with fries. I took half my wrap home and ate about 1/4 of the fries but now i feel like total crap.... I guess thats what happens after going to a restaurant and eating fries when your system just finished cleansing it all out of the bad stuff -.- Im just gonna go sleep and take some pepto-bismol to settle the stomach ache. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!