Wine Class and Dinner! Help!

Options
Greetings. I am new to both social networking and this site. I really need and appreciate input on this topic. I have lost four pounds this week and do not want to loose my momentum. I also do not want to skip my wine class/dinner. Should I starve all day? (Sure to make me drunk at the wine tasting...) We will be tasting about nine wines (small, maybe 1-2oz pours each), with bread or crackers in between. After, we will attend a super fun social dinner , drink the leftover wine from class and eat, I do not know if I can obtain the menu in advance. How do you handle this?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    You can build up a buffer through exercise, and/or just enjoy your special occasion. Unless this happens often, it's not gonna wreck your progress.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    As long as you are on track other days of the week, it is OK to have a day like that where you are having fun with friends and enjoying life. Don't starve yourself, just eat healthy earlier in the day and have a fun time! Losing weight doesn't have to be done with an iron fist.
  • Sztheday
    Sztheday Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, I'm new at MFP too, and have an event tonight. I've already gone over my calories for the day. Yikes! I know I'll have at least a glass of wine tonight and I'm going to eat a light dinner before I go. Hoping to avoid empty calories at the event. I don't have any advice for you but wish you luck in monitoring your caloric intake.