Eating at night

Options
I usually don't get to sleep until around 3-4am but I eat quite a lot on a night from around 12am until I go to bed. I'm still within my calorie goal but my parents/friends say that it is bad for you and causes weight gain. I've been doing it for years so quite a hard habit to quit because I get really hungry around that time!

Just wanted to check if this might stop me from losing weight?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's all about calories.. not when you eat them or how often you eat them
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I do exactly the same every night! mine is due to late gym workouts, then making me hungrier... Always about 1am, so 3 hours after the gym!! No matter if I have something as soon as I get in, More protein/ a shsle et ...My body is adjusted to it! I just done it now, lots of crunchy nut cereal..... Its a problem as always tired!! My mum thinks im mental, god if I could just sleep through the whole night, like normal people do... would be amazing xx
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    The time you eat doesn't really matter as long as you're still within your calorie goal. You might want to weigh yourself later in the day though. I've found that when I'm eating later at night I tend to weigh more at 6 or 7 am than I do at 10 or 12.