Macro pie charts?

Options
CariS001
CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
I can see them on my phone app, but not on the website. Anyone know how to access the macro pie chart break downs each day on the website??

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    From the "Help" function on MFP's website:
    Scott MyFitnessPal Agent Jan 06, 2014 03:53PM PST

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to post your question.

You can see a % of Macro’s nutrient pie graph on the MyFitnessPal iPhone/iPad and Android apps.

This is not currently available on the website.

To access this within the apps open the menu drawer (three stacked lines) and tap the Nutrition tab.

The default option should be the pie chart, but if it’s not you can use the icons in the top right to change between summary – pie chart – bar graph.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • marcyebrown
    marcyebrown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I installed the foodfastfit extension from http://foodfastfit.com/ and now I can see the pie chart. Quite interesting!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning the foodfastfit.com extension. I was getting so sick and tired of having my iPad next to my computer should I could keep checking my macros on the iPad app pie chart. Gosh how annoying to have to sync and switch back and forth between 2 devices!!! MyFitnessPal needs to get with program and make the functionality the same between the mobile and desktop versions. I also get annoyed that I can't add or modify a recipe from my mobile devices.
  • Lo0BLu
    Lo0BLu Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was asking the exact same question last week :(
  • millerca101
    millerca101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to see this happen online. It's the best way to make sure I actually use MFP and the website is what I use most during the day. Please make this happen!
  • Paulrmohr
    Paulrmohr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    followed instructions from scott above to see pie chart on my android cell phone. can almost get there. got to nutrition tab -- shows bar graph.p however, do not see any icons, top right? what is missing here?
  • jeffwright773981
    jeffwright773981 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Too bad that extension is only available for Chrome. I use Firefox.
  • stevenjcampbellfitness
    Options
    Sad that I am paying for premium now, and still cannot get those pie charts on desktop
  • Wildflower65265
    Wildflower65265 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Trying to do keto and love not having to use my ipad all the time~
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I get the frustration of not being able to get the pie charts on the website, without downloading something else. But why do you need them? On the website you can see your macros at the bottom of your diary, so you know how much you need of each macro. It's just not in pie chart form. Am I missing something?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    CariS001 wrote: »
    I can see them on my phone app, but not on the website. Anyone know how to access the macro pie chart break downs each day on the website??

on the website go to reports and then weekly digest. it shows what your macros are if you scroll down. its not a pie chart but it is a bar graph and it shows day by day.it has a rundown of how many macros you had.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I get the frustration of not being able to get the pie charts on the website, without downloading something else. But why do you need them? On the website you can see your macros at the bottom of your diary, so you know how much you need of each macro. It's just not in pie chart form. Am I missing something?

Pie chart makes it easier to see your percentages. Yes, I can do the math myself, but why should I if someone else already has?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Pie chart makes it easier to see your percentages. Yes, I can do the math myself, but why should I if someone else already has?

the bar graph on the page I mentioned above shows your percentages too
  • calico55
    calico55 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We want pies, not bars@!
  • BeeLight125
    BeeLight125 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the pie. I'm with you, Steven. Paid for premium. Why do I still need to use a couple other apps for other functions. Please give us pie charts and net carbs so we can get our premium monies worth and delete the other apps.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    calico55 wrote: »
    We want pies, not bars@!

they have pie charts too in some of the browser apps
  • bonniekitt
    bonniekitt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Macro pie chart disappeared from home page. Why? Home page also looks very minimal in type and content. What happened?
  • CatGutTX
    CatGutTX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to MyFitnessPal this month October of 2022 - Premium member. This question was asked 8 years ago and I don't see the answer yet. I can see the pie chart of the macros for the daily diary, and I can hover over each pie slice to see the percentage labels, but I can't take a screenshot of the pie chart and see the percentage label on each slice. Is there a fix for this? I tried the extensions listed above, but I can't figure out how to work them, and they look very different. My diet program is requiring a screenshot of the macro pie chart each day to be posted to Facebook for accountability (along with some other text that is entered manually). At the moment, i have to open myfitnesspal on my phone, take a screenshot, email it to myself, then copy it from the email to Facebook which is open on my PC. I guess I can use a screen snipper on the PC to copy the chart, then edit the picture to add the percentages manually.

My question: in 2022 using the web applicaiont, is there a way to see the daily macro pie chart showing the percentage labels for each slice?

(Is there a way to tag MyFitnessPal staff to see this message?)

Thanks.