spin class

Options
I was soooo not motivated to go to the gym today. I went! (though, honestly, I still don't feel very motivated.) I went to spin class and I don't know what happened. Generally, I love spin class-once I get my butt there, that is! But today, ten minutes into it, and I felt tightness in my chest and dizzy. It was hard to sit up and breathe without starting to feel dizzy and see stars. I guess I didn't eat enough before hand, I don't know. I had a bowl of cereal. I felt full, but maybe it just wasn't what my body needed before a workout. Sigh! I felt proud of myself for actually getting there, but then when that happened, all the wind went out of my sails. I completed the class and managed to gear up and have a decent workout, it's just that when it feels so hard I get down on myself. I feel like that little something is never going to click with me. I can't wait til I see some progress. That will be awesome motivation! I just need to get off my lazy butt and stop feeling so down and depressed. Stop complaining and do something about it!!! Grrrrrrr!

Replies

• wordygirl
    wordygirl Posts: 28
    Options
    I was soooo not motivated to go to the gym today. I went! (though, honestly, I still don't feel very motivated.) I went to spin class and I don't know what happened. Generally, I love spin class-once I get my butt there, that is! But today, ten minutes into it, and I felt tightness in my chest and dizzy. It was hard to sit up and breathe without starting to feel dizzy and see stars. I guess I didn't eat enough before hand, I don't know. I had a bowl of cereal. I felt full, but maybe it just wasn't what my body needed before a workout. Sigh! I felt proud of myself for actually getting there, but then when that happened, all the wind went out of my sails. I completed the class and managed to gear up and have a decent workout, it's just that when it feels so hard I get down on myself. I feel like that little something is never going to click with me. I can't wait til I see some progress. That will be awesome motivation! I just need to get off my lazy butt and stop feeling so down and depressed. Stop complaining and do something about it!!! Grrrrrrr!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You "bonked". This happens to athletes all the time. It can mean several things: your blood sugar bottomed out (the didn't eat enough before workout theory), you're tired from your other workouts this week, maybe, or it can be a sign you're coming down with something.

Take care of yourself. spinning is really big time exertion. I have some days where I feel like a superhero, and others where I can barely complete the class. This is just normal.

And, good for you going when you didn't feel like it. I get these "don't wannas" (the term for lack of motivation in my house) all the time. . .we have to push through them.:flowerforyou:
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    If I eat Cereal or anything high in sugar and low protein i will get very light headed and or dizzy for my first meal of the day. Try adding protein to your meal before the gym or if this was your first meal
  • wordygirl
    Options
    Kay, I read your profile. What an inspiration you are!! Way to go!!

RKJR-thank you for the advice!! I love the piggy picture!
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    His name is Bacon and he is 8 months old
  • monicayogima
    Options
    I spin twice a week and it is the hardest class i take at the gym. If I don't eat a good breakfast I can not make it through it. I even went once after I drank a little too much wine :drinker: the night before and I had to leave half way through. When I do a spin class at least 3 people leave before its over. If you do a spin class you need to be ready for it. (Great protien pakced meal....good nights sleep....not hung over) Its a great work out and you could burn 700 calories if done right. And its a great leg toner :happy:
  • wordygirl
    Options
    This is another reason why I was so bummed out. I lost 30+ pounds a couple of years ago on spin alone. I used to spin 4 to 5 times a day, one of those days being a 90 minute class. I have not worked out regulalry in close to two years and am now trying to get back. I've been spinning 3x a week for a month and then had to miss two days last week. Since those missed days, I have become a lazy bum trying to talk myself out of the gym. I hate when I feel like this. It's such a depressing feeling. Like I will never get that size 2 body back. I used to have sooo much energy. Energy to get through my day. Energy to jump out of bed at 7:30 (on a weekend morning for crying out loud!!) to go to the gym. If I missed a work out, it was like my whole day was a little off! I miss that! I guess I had forgotten what it was like when I first started. My motivation back then was a bad marriage. An escape. A reason to better myself before I started feeling like I wasn't worth anything. Now, I am in a new marriage and I am very much in love with my husband. Why can't I use those positive things in my life to motivate me like all of those negative things did???
  • monicayogima
    Options
    OH MY HECK!!! that is why i was so obsesed with the gym before also, I was in an abusive marriage and going to the gym was my only way out. Not to mention I become the most fit i have ever been so I got picked up on a lot:laugh: :laugh: Its how I met my finace now. But I go now for me and to look good for him after we had my third child. If I don't go to the gym I feel yucky all day and its not worth it. I missed my yoga class this morning because I needed extra sleep( my baby still doesn't sleep at night) and all day I have been feeling a little off....so go for you!!! And remember how good it makes you feel after..........