Suggestions please!

fanullona
fanullona Posts: 82 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I pulled a muscle in my back this weekend and if I twist or bend in the wrong direction it kills! I'd still like to get to the gym so I don't fall out of that habit though. Do you have any workout or exercise suggestions that don't involve too much back strain??
Thanks!!

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    I would recommend seeing a sports physio. They will give you exercises that will treat the pain and you'll be able to keep on track with your exercise regime. They are worth it!!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Stationary bike
  • I definitely would suggest that you see your doctor before you continue your reg exercise routine.
  • Personally I wouldn't attempt the gym and just lower my calories to take into account the lack of exercise, but the recumbent bike would be the only thing I would attempt if you have to go, please seek medical advice and as already suggested see a sports physio.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!! This comes from someone that has dealt with back trauma for the last 13 years. DO NOT just carry on normal business. Working out may hurt you in the long run if not taken care of properly. You will not realize how much you depend/rely on your back until you cannot use it as you normally would. Go see the doctor.
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    you guys are right! Thank you!! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.