Getting Motivated is the Hardest Part.

Options
I have lost weight before...more than once. My problem is I have major issues KEEPING the weight off.

At this point my major issue is getting motivated to even get started. I look in the mirror on a daily basis and get frusterated with the way I look, my curves, my imperfections...and at that point in the day I am VERY motivated but once I get off work from a 10 or 12 hour day I am completely exhaused and don't even want to workout. Ugh, it's such a vicious struggle. I know once I GET going it will be alot easier but it's the getting going part that I just can't seem to grasp right now. I've been working out on and off the past 3 weeks but not consistantly. I know that this is what I want but it's so challenging getting going. Ugh.

I'm really hoping this website helps me out with staying and keeping motivated.

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I bet it will. This site has a lot of supportive people with some great advice. And you're right- getting motivated/started IS the hardest part. What it really comes down to is how bad do you really want this? And are you going to be the only thing standing in your own way? When the answers to those questions are "REALLY BAD" and "HELL NO" then you will do wonderful! I have faith in you and you can do this! Good luck!!!
  • randilea
    Options
    I agree getting motivated is the hardest part. I have found the accountability from this website has help a ton, as well as the support for the people here. One thing you can do to jump start your motivation is either do your work out in the morning before you go in (unless you are like me and can't force yourself out of bed any earlier) or you could also start by working it into your day. Take a short walk on any break you have, do some squats in the restroom while you are there. Any little bit will help!!

Good luck!!