muscle toning

Options
Hi,

How do I log muscle tone/strength training exercise? I want to add ankle weights but do not know how to account for the calories burned when adding the weight.

Replies

• msbrownbeauty87
    msbrownbeauty87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i notice my fitness pal doesnt allow you to do that, you would have to manually add the calories burned by using a heart rate monitors which tells you how many cals you burn. hope this helps. :-)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    It's mostly guesswork and experience with your own workouts and burns. If you enter it as a cardio exercise then you can add the calorie burns, but getting that accurate is a game of trial and error, and no, heart rate monitors are not accurate when it comes to strength training. Perhaps, start with cutting that in half.
  • debvilla55
    Options
    Yes, thanks!:wink:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    For ankle weights, your heart rate monitor will still do fine.

If you want to see a real difference in your muscles, you will need a more specific routine.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Options
    If you want to see a real difference in your muscles, you will need a more specific routine.

^^ This. I would skip the ankle weights & "toning" exercises, and follow a proper, full-body strength training program. New Rules of Lifting for Women is a popular one, and there are others.