depressed

Options
I originally put this post under fitness and exercise, but I think it fits here better! Sorry!

I was soooo not motivated to go to the gym today. I went! (though, honestly, I still don't feel very motivated.) I went to spin class and I don't know what happened. Generally, I love spin class-once I get my butt there, that is! But today, ten minutes into it, and I felt tightness in my chest and dizzy. It was hard to sit up and breathe without starting to feel dizzy and see stars. I guess I didn't eat enough before hand, I don't know. I had a bowl of cereal. I felt full, but maybe it just wasn't what my body needed before a workout. Sigh! I felt proud of myself for actually getting there, but then when that happened, all the wind went out of my sails. I completed the class and managed to gear up and have a decent workout, it's just that when it feels so hard I get down on myself. I feel like that little something is never going to click with me. I can't wait til I see some progress. That will be awesome motivation! I just need to get off my lazy butt and stop feeling so down and depressed. Stop complaining and do something about it!!! Grrrrrrr!

Replies

• wordygirl
    wordygirl Posts: 28
    Options
    I originally put this post under fitness and exercise, but I think it fits here better! Sorry!

I was soooo not motivated to go to the gym today. I went! (though, honestly, I still don't feel very motivated.) I went to spin class and I don't know what happened. Generally, I love spin class-once I get my butt there, that is! But today, ten minutes into it, and I felt tightness in my chest and dizzy. It was hard to sit up and breathe without starting to feel dizzy and see stars. I guess I didn't eat enough before hand, I don't know. I had a bowl of cereal. I felt full, but maybe it just wasn't what my body needed before a workout. Sigh! I felt proud of myself for actually getting there, but then when that happened, all the wind went out of my sails. I completed the class and managed to gear up and have a decent workout, it's just that when it feels so hard I get down on myself. I feel like that little something is never going to click with me. I can't wait til I see some progress. That will be awesome motivation! I just need to get off my lazy butt and stop feeling so down and depressed. Stop complaining and do something about it!!! Grrrrrrr!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    answer for you in the other post.:wink:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    hey there! i'm a personal trainer by trade, but i too still have those days when the gym just doesnt look good to me. The most important part of being healthy is making positive lifestyle changes, and just the pure fact that you still went to the class even though you didnt feel like it, is HUGE!! Your body was obviously teling you something when you felt dizzy and had to stop. Just remember to congratulate yourself for still going to the class, even if you did not finish because that is progress from where you've been in the past! It is important to your mental well being that you realize the progress you're making and focus on that, and the positive results will follow! One thing I do on the days i dont feel like working out is i tell myself that i'm going to get to the gym, put on my shoes, get on the treadmill and if i still dont want to do it once i'm on there, i can go home. Usually once you're there with shoes on and all, you'll end up doing it.

If you're feeling faint in your morning workout, it could be that you're not eating enough the evening before. Your body does need fuel right before a workout, but it also is going to need those stored carbohydrates to burn from the night before, so check into what your evening diet is looking like, that could be why you're feeling dizzy even after you ate breakfast.

hope some of that helped!
  • wordygirl
    wordygirl Posts: 28
    Options
    thank you shkaki. It does help!

This is another reason why I was so bummed out. I lost 30+ pounds a couple of years ago on spin alone. I used to spin 4 to 5 times a day, one of those days being a 90 minute class. I have not worked out regulalry in close to two years and am now trying to get back. I've been spinning 3x a week for a month and then had to miss two days last week. Since those missed days, I have become a lazy bum trying to talk myself out of the gym. I hate when I feel like this. It's such a depressing feeling. Like I will never get that size 2 body back. I used to have sooo much energy. Energy to get through my day. Energy to jump out of bed at 7:30 (on a weekend morning for crying out loud!!) to go to the gym. If I missed a work out, it was like my whole day was a little off! I miss that! I guess I had forgotten what it was like when I first started. My motivation back then was a bad marriage. An escape. A reason to better myself before I started feeling like I wasn't worth anything. Now, I am in a new marriage and I am very much in love with my husband. Why can't I use those positive things in my life to motivate me like all of those negative things did???