17 Day Diet - 10 lbs lighter for Valentine's Day

Options
13»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Actually, I assume the poster is trying to lose weight fast for Valentine's Day. Even if it is does not sustain long term weight loss, it's meets her earlier goal.

what happens after valentines day?

steak and a blow job day?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    People here are insane.

HEY EVERYONE, I AM GOING TO POST SOMETHING AND ASK FOR OPINIONS/SUPPORT! BUT WHEN I GET ONE I DON'T LIKE I AM JUST GOING TO IGNORE THE FACTS AND PRETEND LIKE THIS IS A GOOD IDEA!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    good luck ,but me thinks that this will be mainly water weight..

why don't you just use MFP to calculate a daily calorie deficit, work out/move more, and have long term results..?

cause this is the logical route. ...to be avoided at all costs apparently.
    zxno6p.jpg
  • sencha72
    Options
    I started today.. I'm looking forward to it!. I've been reading the 887 5 star reviews on amazon of people who can attest that it does work. Since most of you commenting just assumed it was magical spaghetti monster, let me assure you it's not. It's one cycle of 17 days of clean simple eating.. then another 17 days of carb cycling, followed by another 17 days and yet another. Yes I hate that it's called a diet and 17 days is gimmicky. It should be 68 days of retraining your metabolism.
    Now I remember why I didn't like MFP and didn't want to join! It has to be the least supportive group of know it alls I've ever encountered. Thank you for your opinion. Now if you wouldn't mind going and hijack someone other person's post , I'm sure they are just waiting for you all to tell them what losers they are and how they will fail.. and your way is the greatest.

Seriously people I know you're all skeptics, but diet and exercise isn't a one size fits all and wham results. What about insulin resistance, hormones? Calories in calories out is BS read "good calories bad calories by Taubes Or just youtube it.. here is one from Crossfit who asked him to come and speak. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obUBaclfsys

Now if we can go back trying to the old school of thought.. "If you have nothing nice to say" & save the snark?

one other link.. for those that buy into thermodynamics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFOogvab2TA
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well- it's the internet- you post something- you're going to get opinions.

That being said- Taubes- from what I remember isn't exactly the best source ever for diet advice. I got the impression he was a snake oil salesman.

But you're going to do what you are going to do... that's really what this means- which begs the question- if people are going to do what they are going to do and already have their minds made up- why post at all?
  • sencha72
    Options
    Internet is no excuse for rude behavior though. Opinions I can handle but add the snark and it's no longer a conversation of like minds, it's now a "you're wrong--- I'm right" debate.

Snake oil? I don't think you'll find Taubes selling it, but Dr OZ certainly is what sort of magic pill is he pushing today.

I think she was asking if anyone would join her or had first hand experience. If it were me and I didn't have any knowledge of what she was asking for I'd pass over the conversation. If you can't offer support perhaps just ignoring would be better then all of the sarcastic remarks that I read. It's just not needed.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Internet is no excuse for rude behavior though. Opinions I can handle but add the snark and it's no longer a conversation of like minds, it's now a "you're wrong--- I'm right" debate.

Snake oil? I don't think you'll find Taubes selling it, but Dr OZ certainly is what sort of magic pill is he pushing today.

I think she was asking if anyone would join her or had first hand experience. If it were me and I didn't have any knowledge of what she was asking for I'd pass over the conversation. If you can't offer support perhaps just ignoring would be better then all of the sarcastic remarks that I read. It's just not needed.

:drinker: *applause*

I hope she does read through this post though.. I gave some good compliant recipes and advice, since ive been doing it for a bit. :flowerforyou:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Actually, I assume the poster is trying to lose weight fast for Valentine's Day. Even if it is does not sustain long term weight loss, it's meets her earlier goal.

what happens after valentines day?

steak and a blow job day?

She either sticks with it or falls off the healthy eating wagon, just like everyone else who is trying to eat better and lose weight..
  • sencha72
    Options
    I really hope she does Confuzzled and you did offer a good deal of information. I'm going back over to the recipes to sort through them now that I've stepped off my soap box. Mind if I add you to my friends list. I would welcome picking your brain about the "diet"
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Is OP still doing this? If so I will do a regular diet and exercise program - the only changes I will make will be to up my exercise a bit and we can compare results? My weigh in days are Wednesdays but I jumped on the scale this morning and I was 223 so that's my start weight. Will check back on Feb 12th which is a Wednesday and my normal weigh day and the 17 day mark for this challenge.
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's a great diet. I don't follow it anymore, but I do tend to still eat in a similar fashion (with a few more carbs these days). I was actually going through my books yesterday and found that one.

Hmm, maybe I should refocus and try it again. It does work.

I agree with this. I have had a lot of success with it in the past and still loosely follow it also. However, I have PCOS with insulin resistance so I need to eat lower carb to lose/ maintain my weight.
  • justineismoney
    justineismoney Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I did this before and I noticed how much less I craved sugar.
  • justineismoney
    justineismoney Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested in doing this message me as I will no longer look at this thread. This board went a total different direction then I had intended as I was not looking for advice or someone to tell me what I want to do is wrong or foolish, but support.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested in doing this message me as I will no longer look at this thread. This board went a total different direction then I had intended as I was not looking for advice or someone to tell me what I want to do is wrong or foolish, but support.

oh you just wanted people to blindly support you and not provide a sensible alternative…oookkkkk then…

good luck to you OP …
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for recipe ideas.
  • vg2014
    Options
    I'm trying it too, on day 4 and feel GREAT. Don't worry about the d-bags posting on here. Pretty sure I'll get my advice from a doctor, as opposed to some idiot who takes half naked selfies in a bathroom mirror... This is surely his only form of amusement. LOL
  • turtledove773
    turtledove773 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's 17 days, I say give it a shot! If it works what a great jump start that would be! If it doesn't then hey it's only 17 days wasted!

Good Luck!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it too, on day 4 and feel GREAT. Don't worry about the d-bags posting on here. Pretty sure I'll get my advice from a doctor, as opposed to some idiot who takes half naked selfies in a bathroom mirror... This is surely his only form of amusement. LOL

says the person who is not brave enough to post a picture...its real easy to hind behind an avatar and throw insults at people...douche...
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I'm starting again today. Finally feel like I can focus on my food choices again. Not been a good month for me overall.

I can't do C1 because I exercise too much for it.. but C2 is where i start.

I cannot wait to feel better :)