Baby weight in the stomach driving me crazy!

Tricia82
Tricia82 Posts: 75
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I had a baby girl in Feb and I have gone back to my original measurements from before I was preg. except in my waist which is the only place I gained any baby weight! So now I am really struggling to get the weight off and its driving me crazy!! I know that you can not target any specific area but holy man I need help, fall is coming soon and I have no clothes that fit because of this problem grrrr :mad:

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I am exactly the same! I had my little boy in Feb, and all my measurements are back to normal, except for an extra 6 inches in the waist (and my weight is still about 10 pounds higher). So far I've found that giving it some time has helped. I haven't lost weight in the last 2 weeks, but my waist went down another inch. I'm also going back to my 30 Day Shred DVD, which helped me lose inches from my waist after my first baby. I know this may not help much, but at least know that you're not alone :smile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Cardio and core body workouts. It will get there. There was an intersting article on active pregnant women and recovery afterwards in Runner's World for the October issue. Try their online for some help.
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    Hi Tricia! I know how you feel because my belly is my biggest problem area. What is your workout regimen? I found that a mix of strength training as well as high intensity interval workouts are effective. Unfortunately we can't spot reduce (oh... how I wish I could). Keep in touch - I think you can definitely achieve your goal.

Best,
    Ericka
  • Thanks and my belly is my biggest problem too!! My workout regimen is 30 min. on my bowflex treadclimber and then just exercises on my ball like sit ups and side crunches push ups that kind of thing I have a 30 min video for it.
  • ErickaJos
    ErickaJos Posts: 43 Member
    I am not familiar with this program, is there any weight training involved? Muscle burns fat so you may need to add some more strength training in your routine.
This discussion has been closed.