63 and sagging butt!

Options
I am 63 and took a good look at my butt in the drs. office and almost fainted. I do a fast walk on the tredmill for an hour, 20 min dog walk everyday. I also watch a 3 yr old 5 days a week (which is exercise in its self). I use to be young, FIRM, and cute. Now I'm just cute:). What more can I do. We won't discuss my menopausal belly fat now. I am sure I am not the only woman who has this going on. What can we do? Thanks

Replies

• delaney056
    Options
    Squats.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I second squats :)

Strong curves by Bret contradas is a great read and the programme is all based around glute exercises. I think he also has some videos on YouTube.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I can't say snap, '49's mine. Keep on the go. Give your all to everything, its a dream. I'm here to loose and its, slow, can't wait for the rain to find somewhere else to go, then we will hit the green gym. so much to do so little time.

All the best
  • roz250
    roz250 Posts: 23
    Options
    I like to call this phenomenon treadmill-butt. The treadmill doesn't work your posterior chain, so those muscles atrophy. Squats, lunges, hamstring curls and stiff legged deadlifts are all things that can counteract that atrophy and perk your backside back into position. If you don't have access to the equipment to do those exercises, crank up the incline on your treadmill (I like 7% or greater), or hit the stairs.

Good luck :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Riding a recumbent bike has done wonders for my backside.:wink:
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    There's a youtube channel called Lionsgatebefit. They have a 30 Day Butt Lift video series. Its free, no video is longer than 10mins and they have a calendar to show when you do what workouts!
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 65 and use videos, especially the Leslie Sansone walking videos for my exercise. She incorporates a lot of squats, knee lifts, kick backs and sidesteps into her videos to work all the muscles of the legs and butts. I find her videos a much better use of 30 minutes than the treadmill. She also uses weights, pilates and HIT so you can get a large variety of workouts. My butts ok but my triceps are sagging so I have been concentrating on building muscle and stamina. Try it on her website for free- you'll like it. :happy:
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    You need my butt bible!