Can't loose weight

Hi everyone, I'm 39 and I have been working out for the past 3 weeks 6 days a week and eating healthier than I ever have and I can't loose anything.. I actually gained a few pounds. I do Cardio, Abs, and weights. I try to mix up my workouts so I don't get bored.. I have been on a smoothie diet for about 2 weeks.. I tried Detox and even that wonder pill that everyone is talking about.. to get rid of belly fat (it has helped) but the scale still looks the same... Any suggestions.. Im starting to give up here!!!:frown: :frown:

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Stop the fad diets, give up any lose weight quick thing you are trying. So no more smoothie diet, no more diet pills. Use some of that money buy yourself a nice digital food scale, start weighing all your food, logging it accurately and consistently on MFP. Be honest with yourself about recording everything, and have patience.

You can lose weight, but you do have to lose the negative attitude because if you think you can't you will prove yourself right, but if you think you can you just accomplished half of the battle.

good luck
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Get off the smoothies and eat real food. You are not going to have smoothies for the rest of your life, but real food will always be there. Don't look for the quick fix to loose the weight.
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    I'm sure you have heard of a body going into starvation mode? The concept is controversial however and as strange as it may sound, it's possible you are not eating enough. Do you have a daily calorie intake goal? Does it fall in line with what your BMR is? If you have access to a nutritionist I would see about making an appointment so you have a plan and don't feel like you are wasting your time getting no results. Keep with it!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Yes, you CAN lose weight.

If your current eating levels aren't showing you weight loss, then try eating less. Add in more protein to help keep you feeling full for longer, and tamp down on cardio in favor of more weight training.

troll-1_zps2adfb369.jpg
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    If you're not losing, then you're not eating at a deficit. You're underestimating your food or overestimating your burn. Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you're not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    This is why most people quit. Over-due it for 3 weeks and stop.

Agree with the above. Eat Healthy, be sure you're getting the Right calories, keep up the workouts and we're here for support