emotional eater

Options
I eat when I am bored.
I eat when I am stressed.
I eat when I am sad.
I eat when I am angry.
And yes...sometimes I even eat when I am hungry.

To combat this I try to keep a water bottle handy, but what is a good snack that will satisfy? Something that I can eat a lot of and not feel guilty or get fatter with?? Is there such a thing?

Replies

• wordygirl
    wordygirl Posts: 28
    Options
    I eat when I am bored.
    I eat when I am stressed.
    I eat when I am sad.
    I eat when I am angry.
    And yes...sometimes I even eat when I am hungry.

To combat this I try to keep a water bottle handy, but what is a good snack that will satisfy? Something that I can eat a lot of and not feel guilty or get fatter with?? Is there such a thing?
  • mmackie
    mmackie Posts: 93
    Options
    I love any kind of crunchy fruit-apples mostly- and if I cut them up it takes longer to eat them. I know exactly how you feel....someties I even eat when I'm not hungry!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    :smile: I eat Claussen crunchy dill pickle spears. 5 calories each and I always take the time to eat them "properly." This means sucking all the delicious juices off of it, then nibbling as slow as possible so i can really enjoy it! hehe!
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Low calorie fruits & veggies like grapes, cantaloupe, nectarines, carrots, strawberries, etc.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I make a big bowl of tunafish salad one can tuna appr. 210 cal and 3 tablespoons of FF mayo 60 calories and then I add a ton of chopped up celery and some mustard. More celery you add the more of it there is. So I have this big bowl that I can eat all day if I want to and I know I will only use up about 300 calories or you can sub chicken for the tuna.
    I actually use veggies to add more to most of my meals. meatloaf, burgers, and stir frys get lots of veggies mixed in. Mashed potatoes get mashed cauliflower mixed in. Any thing that I have not made, for example the lasagna my fiance bought home yesterday I make sure I eat a salad or cut up cucumbers with dressing first along with water then I eat the entree.
    Popcorn is good too as long as you get a low cal kind.
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I like to munch on sugar snap peas and baby carrot or shredded frosted mini wheat cereal.
  • Nicksmom1974
    Options
    I like almonds, pecans, dried cherries, dried cranberries, pastio nuts, raisens and I mix it all into a ziplock bag to snack on all day. it takes care of a lot of your needed calories for the day as well as being an excellant source for you daily fiber needs. :smile:
  • kittybellenir
    kittybellenir Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    GUM GUM GUM< CHEW LOTS OF IT!!!!!! Keep a whole bag of gumballs next you, trust me this works, Not all of the time, but most of the time. Next time you feel oh i need to eat something pop a gumball in and see how that goes. Everyone makes fun of me, because I chew so much gum.:laugh: