How many calories should I eat daily?

Options
Hi,

I want to lose about 10lbs, and wanted your opinion on how many calories I should eat daily. I lost 20 lbs, eating 1200 calories daily and would have maybe a splurge night once a week if I went out to dinner and had drinks, and just didn't worry about - this worked for me.

Last few months I have just sort of fallen off the wagon and gained some weight. I was having a hard time sticking to the lower calories, so I raised my calories up to 1500 but I have been going over this amount at times as well.

What number of calories should I eat to start losing again? I am wondering if 1500 is too high. I may lose on this but it might be quite slow. I am 5'2, weigh 120-ish and I am working out around 3x per week cardio. I was doing 5 days before but my job is keeping me pretty busy lately.

Thanks!

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    No one can give you a magical number of calories to eat & lose weight. Everybody's different, and it will take trial & error to find what works for you. Choose an activity level. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week. (With so little to use, anything more would be unhealthy.)

Log everything you eat accurately & honestly. Find reliable database entries. (There's a lot of incorrect data in there.) Weigh your food. Log your exercise, and eat back your exercise calories. If you're not losing, eat back half your exercise calories.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants