Over 50 looking for friends to succeed with

Options

Replies

• beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Over 50 also and happy to provide support -feel free to add me.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 53, and determined to stick with it long term this time. I'm focusing on brain health now, because the stronger my mind is, the easier it is to say "no" and "enough!"
  • tamsimms
    tamsimms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 51, and I am post menapausal. I have gained about 15 lbs., and have never had so much trouble losing it. I need support, suggestions, ideas,.....I feel terrible about myself. I have been reading a lot about losing weight at our age, and it sounds like their are many contributing factors. We just can't eat like we used to AND the sugars affect us more than ever. I have been looking in to The Zone as a way of eating, but it seems so complicated. HELP!! By the way, I would like to add anyone that has input or is going on this journey too.
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    We've got an AMAZING group:

Fifty, Female and Fun!

Just go to groups and look us up and join! You'll get ALOT of support there!
  • ShirleyKwi
    ShirleyKwi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just turned 58 and am struggling so I could use some friends for support too!! WooHoo!! Ladies and gents we can do it!!! :happy: I was always skinny, skinny and now I'm more than just "fluffy". I'm not new to MFP - lost 30 lbs last year and gained it back plus!!
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    We've got an AMAZING group:

Fifty, Female and Fun!

Just go to groups and look us up and join! You'll get ALOT of support there!
  • Grokmom
    Grokmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 this year can i get in on this group??
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 43 in a couple months...but I always welcome new friends...feel free to add me :smile: good luck to you on this journey.

Kari
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and can stand to lose another 75 lbs! I hope to lose it and maintain the loss for a while before I turn 60. I welcome new friends to share ideas so feel free to add me if (and only if) you plan to leave your diary open to your friends -- like I do.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    61 here. Started this at 59. Was 216. Now 175. Been on maintenance since May 2012. Happy to help one and all as time permits. I log on every day.
  • kayaklady58
    Options
    I am over 50 and seeking to lose 25 to 30 pounds and am finding that I too, need friends to help out. I don't know how to add friends? Maybe someone can help? Ideas for fave recipes etc...
  • beamteam4
    beamteam4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am also over 50. Feel free to add me.
  • kayaklady58
    Options
    I too am over 50 and looking for friends to help me with my cravings for junk food.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I am 55' would be glad to support you. We can all use more friends. Feel free to add me.
  • AnyankaSigrun
    Options
    Hi, I will be 57 in a month. I joined MFP a year ago and am very glad that I did, I also use Runkeeper to track my walks. I am in much better than I was a year ago and I hope to keep improving. I would still like to lose 10 more pounds and build muscle back up as well. It always helps to have a friend.
  • mrspurrnandez
    mrspurrnandez Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I have been on mfp since 201. I lost about 25 pounds in the last two years. I eat healthy (don't like the word diet) I just like that i have learned to make better choices and smaller portions. I exercise every other day. My favorite exercise is swimming. I also surf and boogie board. Southern California has had beautiful weather for this winter. Literally I have a tan this winter! I love hanging out at the beach. When I am at the beach I relax and I feel peaceful. I love to take off for long walks and I am motivated by the ocean scenery and lively music I play on my mp3. Unfortunately the last 6 months or so I have not been able to kick off a plateau. I went to see a nutritionist and she has put me on a 1000 cal. Its not bad but a lot of times I don't get to that 1000 because I am stuffed from eating. I love to eat! Anyone having that problem? I just turned 55. Maybe that has something to do with it! lol
    sorry so chatty but I am looking forward and excited to supporting if I can be of help to anyone. I need the help as well believe me! :)

Take care… please feel free to add me as a friend. I welcome it!
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    Hello all! To the people that just signed up, welcome! There are lots of good people here that will be happy to help you if you ask.

I am 55 and have been on MFP for about a month. I've been working to get back into shape after two years of not being able to work out. I lost about twenty pounds before joining MFP and I came here to take advantage of the logging tools and the community. I've spent more years in the gym than not but getting fit at fifty is a lot different from doing so at thirty! These days, I am on the slow fitness path: it turns out that a little improvement every day looks like a lot of improvement over the course of a year. Who knew?

Feel free to add me!
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I’m TJ. I’ve been on MFP for 3 years; well, not continuously but I had lost weight once before. Actually, I have always been slender most of my life. I’m 6 foot tall and at 18, I was 150 lbs. I didn’t “fill out” until after college, when I was in my 20’s. Can't really remember back that far, haha! In my 30’s and 40’s, I was fairly fit; loved to run and worked out some but not regularly and then my job changed and I traveled a lot so I ate out all the time. Needless to say, I gained weight. I was taking customers out regularly and there was always alcohol so I gained a lot of weight. Plus I got lazy and didn’t work out at all, didn’t run. My job had a lot of international travel which was great but I ate a lot of foods that I wasn't used to. 3 years ago I was 250-something and joined MFP. I lost weight down to 219 but the holidays came and my job responsibilities changed again (that’s my excuse) and I traveled still even more. This summer I saw 260 on the scale, had to buy yet ANOTHER larger size waist pants, was getting short of breath just walking up stairs. I was just generally disgusted with myself. So I got back on the MFP bus and now have lost 49 lbs. I have 21 more to go to get to 15% body fat. I’m back running again and am starting circuit training to get my muscles conditioned before I shock the hell out of them by getting back into serious weight lifting, haha! So, if anyone here would like to be friends, I think that’d be great. I’m on the site several times a day; when I log foods and when I’m in the gym doing cardio. I am determined that I WILL NOT gain weight back again like I did before! I like hearing other's stories and the mutual support and motivation is what is keeping me focused. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa =

I am 53 and also am working on improving my health - I have alot of pounds to use and would like to have some friends on the journey. Please add me as a friend.
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Over 50, feeling like 40, add me.