Starting to get ahead of my self

Options
Ok, so I have been doing this for 2 days now and I feel great my motivation is higher than its has ever been. I am actually enjoying myself but I feel as though I am setting myself up for a huge fail I really don't want to think negative but I just know me and I know these positive feelings don't last. How can I boost my belief in myself. I was thinking of maybe make I could start a blog with weekly posts seeing as I am an aspiring journalist it may help me gain skills in my writing....

....I don't know I've had a lot of self doubt maybe you guys could help?:happy:

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as jumping in to something that is hard to do, and don't worry about failing to accomplish it.

You aren't "on a diet."

This is just the way you're going to try to live now. At first, you won't be very good at it. You will need practice, and you will need to establish new habits.

Most people's diets are like this. They start out great on January 1, lots of motivation, then they lose interest and by February, it's all back to the way it was before:
    7723_1_3.jpg

What you need to do is imagine how you will be eating and exercising by December 31. Then start making changes to get there. The weight will come off slower, but it will stay off:
    400px-HarmonicNumbers.svg.png
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I love that idea! Also, think about the healthy things you LIKE. Hopefully you're trying new foods, new exercises, and making some changes. Think about which ones you really love and add more and more like that into your life.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have been doing this for 2 days now and I feel great my motivation is higher than its has ever been. I am actually enjoying myself but I feel as though I am setting myself up for a huge fail I really don't want to think negative but I just know me and I know these positive feelings don't last. How can I boost my belief in myself. I was thinking of maybe make I could start a blog with weekly posts seeing as I am an aspiring journalist it may help me gain skills in my writing....

....I don't know I've had a lot of self doubt maybe you guys could help?:happy:

Something that is working for me is browsing this forum and collecting friends. It's ALMOST like doing this with lots of other people, When I see their progress? I'm inspired to progress myself. The Success section is GREAT for motivation too. I also give myself little rewards... for instance I LOVE the sauna at the gym so I make it my reason for going. I make fun games out of how much water I can drink, and I try to read a new piece of material on weight training or try new exercises so I don't get bored.

I'm going to start doing photos on instagram of my progress too I think. But posting here is more fun because your friends are similarly minded.

-Nik