New girl!

Options
Hi everyone.
I'm new to MFP, just joined 5 days ago. I've got approx 21 lbs to lose. 28lbs has crept on over the last 3 and a half years and it needs to stop....should I say I need to stop?!?! I know I need to be healthier (I gave up smoking 20 weeks ago) and I HATE how I look in my clothes! I have already started making small changes over the last few weeks and have managed to lose my Christmas weight but now I need to be more structured. I have just commenced the 5:2 diet and started walking to work each day alongside joining MFP. My biggest problems are the red wine, which I have majorly cut down on during January and Starbucks which I have also cut down from 6 a week to one every ten days! It would be great to have some support but I also hope to be able to help others in any way I can.
Thanks in anticipation!

Replies

• SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Random thoughts:

Welcome! Just stay with it and you'll get there.

Quitting smoking is just awful, isn't it?

If you hate how you look in clothes, stop wearing clothes!
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you. You're going to be fun through this journey.... I'll need that!
  • johnny7625
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • Kiplingerr
    Options
    Hi! I am also new. I have a lot of weight to lose and a long road ahead, but I really need to get moving with all of this. Wish me luck!

Robin
  • EuroDivas
    EuroDivas Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome

There are some pretty nice and supportive individuals on this site so you are in the right place. Looks like you have already done some positive lifestyle changes so I think you are well on your way to being successful with your weight loss goals .
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    feel free too add me if you need friends :) goodluck on your journey
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I have about same as you to lose. Yeah it's easier with friends add me if you want.
  • Lindysinger
    Lindysinger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well done for making such a great start ! walking to work, giving up on those paper cups we all love and counting calories too. I joined around christmas and am doing ok, just keeping track of things is helping me make better choices already. keep at it, !!
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I am doing a walk 80 miles a month if anyone would like to join in its 2.6 miles a day, I got runkeeper, if anyone wants to join in download app and add me on here and a will give you my email address to add me on runkeeper. We can all keep an eye on how we are doing. Good luck everyone.
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Cool, I'm up for that! Sorry I've only just seen your post. I'll attempt to download runkeeper! Good luck!
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a motivation / accountability buddy, as well. Or not. Whichever way works. In any event, welcome and good luck on your journey! :)