Need support

Options
I was told by a nurse its highly likely I have polycystic ovary syndrome. I have to lose weight, especially after finding out about things like the fertility problems I could have. Anybody else going through the same thing?

Replies

• stephsmom93
    stephsmom93 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I'd check with a doctor. There are simple test he/she can run to see if you do and there are treatments for this condition to slow it down. I'm not sure how large of a city you live in but a lot of areas and colleges have PCOS / Weight Management Clinics (most are free and they will pay you to participate in their study programs. They will even run the test to see if you are for free.) You can check the internet to see if there is a program site in your area. I'm a mom with PCOS so please do not get freaked out about the fertility problems. PCOS does make it difficult to conceive and lose weight BUT it can be done...we just have to work a little harder than a woman who does not but do not get discouraged. Women with PCOS can develop other health conditions, so it is best to get proactive and educate yourself.