Can I eat more then it says?

Options
Hey guys, I'm trying to gain weight. However I just finished lunch and I am already past the amount of calories I'm supposed to eat in a day. So do I just not eat for the rest of the day? :/

Or can I keep eating? I mean if my goal is to gain weight then it wouldn't be a problem if I keep eating more than what it says.

For reference it says 2340 goal, and I am already at 2480 net, and I'm hungry right now. :(

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if you're trying to gain weight, and you are still hungry... what do you think you should do?
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    eat :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That was some lunch.....
  • TaintedSun
    Options
    if you're trying to gain weight, and you are still hungry... what do you think you should do?

haha well when you put it like that.

Basically is the number given supposed to be a maintainer or is it a number that actually will increase weight?
  • TaintedSun
    Options
    also thanks everyone for the responses
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

haha well when you put it like that.

Basically is the number given supposed to be a maintainer or is it a number that actually will increase weight?

go double check your settings. do you have it set at maintenance, or do you have it set for gaining a pound or two a week?

also, a tried and true meathod to put on weight is to drink a gallon of milk a day. cheers!!
  • morgan_mfit
    morgan_mfit Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You're a 19 y/o male, your BMR (basal metabolic rate- the amount of calories you burn in a day without any activity) would be WAY higher than ~2300 C. If you want to gain weight try eating more like 2750-3000 calories a day.

Are you trying to gain muscle or just put on weight? What's your activity level? Do you weight train? All these things play a factor in what and how much you ideally eat.
  • TaintedSun
    Options
    I have it set to gain 1 lbs a day, and thanks Ill try GOMAD.

I'm just looking to gain weight really, I don't really lift weights, would start after I gain a bit first. I only do swimming and dance once a week.

I'll try going for 3,000 calcs, thanks :)
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If you want to gain weight, dont worry about how your eating and dont starve yourself if your hungry :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    eat the food OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • if you want to gain weight eat more dairy
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Dang. #problemsiwishihad

Couldn't resist the hash tag, sorry :)

Eat up!!
  • TaintedSun
    Options
    You guys think I should ignore the current 2350 goal and just try and get 3,000 a day right?
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry. as long as you at least hit your target or go above you'll gain weight.
    The more you go over your target the better I guess
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    You are 19 yrs old...
    Not sure your activity level.....
    But for me (36), on days I workout I hit between 2700 - 3000
    I am 6'1"

So I think 2300 for you is a bit low......
    Your body is a furnace right now...

Eat and get in the gym and put the food to use.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry (not bored hungry!) , your body is screamining: "More, I need moooreeee!" Go for 3000 cals - avocado, nuts, olive oil, full diary, legumes, fatty fish...I'm trying to loose weight but I don't allow myself to starve. Ever.